Seiken no Blacksmith

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Oct 12 2009, 04:38 AM) What I don't understand about the chestplate thing is...she WAS wearing a shirt under it...She wears a black shirt thing under her chestplate, so when it shattered, what happened to the shirt? It 'shattered' too? lol...

Yeah that seems kinda weird, the shirt should have still been there.... or maybe she wasn't wearing anything underneath
huh.gif

What I thought was weird was her delayed reaction after the chestplate broke... it's like she didn't realize it for like 10 whole seconds and only clued in after seeing Luke's reaction lol. She should have felt it come off, or maybe she was in shock...
But yeah overall I feel the show is average so far. I think it has potential to be great so I'll keep watching for now.. and I think it's slated to be 12 eps so the story should pick up soon.

Well the black shirt could be interwoven to have the brestplate cover her breasts without anything else covering it. Besides are we really arguing about that part still?
unsure.gif
I mean granted it could of been a poor excuse of fanservice, but at least we kind of know that she is rather well endowed for a girl her age.

I'm not arguing about it, I just don't think it makes sense to wear nothing under a chestplate. I can't take her seriously as a knight at all now lol

But yes, it was a very poor excuse for fanservice
rolleyes.gif

What I find amusing is that she had another Oppai Plate ready to go in no time. What, does she need a spare when she's washing the first one? And where does one get armor fitted for boobs anyway? Is it an off the shelf item? Is it hard to find the right size? Does Victoria's Secret have an armor section?
wink.gif

Thin excuses for fan service aside, I'm very much enjoying this show so far, however I wonder if 12 episodes is going to be enough to satisfyingly tell the story.

QUOTE (julezia @ Oct 13 2009, 07:18 AM) I'm not arguing about it, I just don't think it makes sense to wear nothing under a chestplate. I can't take her seriously as a knight at all now lol

But yes, it was a very poor excuse for fanservice
rolleyes.gif

She does wear something under the chest plate

If you look you can see all of her cloths were torned from fighting the monster buying time for Luke

Agree with both A~san and Hyuuga-san. I did not care as to whether she had a black top or not, when that chest plate schattered. I laughed at how funny and random and spontaneous it all was and I was very surprised to see my Luke-san, have a major nose bleed as he's always so serious...it was an amusing moment, to say the least. Definitely a keeper for me.
tongue.gif

I agree with all of you. Plate armor logics aside, it just goes to show that you don't need to show everything to tell the story. Plate armor falling off + nose bleed + girl flooring a guy for it = Plate armor & presumably wardrobe malfunction
tongue.gif

I knew Cecily couldnt kill a human. But I hoped Luke would kill him. It wouldve been a bigger impact.

I didnt think Aria would be this funny. I thought she would be rather gloomy in the beginning.
But I wonder how she was made. I mean she cant really begin existing on the battlefield without someone putting her there. Or maybe she is born from the hatred on the battlefield, but I think she wouldve another personality than.

And why doesnt Cecily fight with Aria? She already showed that she can use her. Ok it didnt look as if it is a great deal using her.
I dont think it matters to the guy dressed in black weither she is in human form or not.

Oh don't worry Cecily will eventually use Aria more later on I'll bet. In any case it seems that Lisa pretty much told those two what Luke is trying to look for in the marketplace. Also, as for how Aria was created, I think it could of been she was already there on the battlefield but absorbed the hatred on the battlefield and became a demon blade. Although how she got there is actually another mystery if you ask me.

In any case I'm sure they might be able to explain that if it becomes important to the storyline later on.

Generic series that reminds me of Kaze no Stigma and perhaps a couple of elements of Soul Eater.

Its okay to watch but not great.
wink.gif

Watched the first 2 episodes yesterday and just watched the 3rd episode now......Aria is an okay character....damn this series really needs something to stand out apart from the loli.
dry.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Oct 23 2009, 03:58 PM) Generic series that reminds me of Kaze no Stigma and perhaps a couple of elements of Soul Eater.

Its okay to watch but not great.
wink.gif

Watched the first 2 episodes yesterday and just watched the 3rd episode now......Aria is an okay character....damn this series really needs something to stand out apart from the loli.
dry.gif

Your onto something there, tbh I enjoyed the first episode a lot because it looked to have outstanding potential... but when I watched episode 2, then 3, ect... it slowly changed my opinion to this
dry.gif

nevertheless I will continue to watch this one, but it isn't at the top of my priority list atm

Am I the only one thinking its dead stupid to fire a crossbow to some fire-elemental? I mean they couldnt be thinking that it would work could they? Ok the knights of that town arent the best to begin with but that goes beyond everything.

The fight itself was pretty good, it did a good job showing Cecilys feelings for Aria.

And I still wonder whats with Lukes left eye. It cant really be that no one is seeing that he has 2 different eyes or at least ask about that.

All I really got from this was that Cecily got her overpowered sword, which I called back in episode one; and that she looks way better with a ponytail
wub.gif

Also, the thing with Luke... it seems as if the knights know of something, and tbh I'm sure most other high officials know who he really is, since it seems they give him some stares when he came into the room.

My main problem is with our protagonist Cecilly and her annoying habit to give speeches all the time. I mean, if you're going to stab something than freaking stab it already, we don't need to hear the bloody tirade about knights, friendship and honor all over again. I really hope she outgrows that when she becomes more and more familiar with harshness of reality and get away from her idealized version of knights, if that ever happens.

I didn't know If I would like this show, after episode two, but it's okay. I like the fact that they stopped to mourn the death of that guy she killed. That's different. My only gripe is the show feels rushed. I feel like I missed an episode or something.

I just watched episode 04 and the battle despite being a pretty minor one, it was done pretty well. I'm actually starting to enjoy this particular series.....I didn't really expect it to be any good. However, it still needs more.......the loli is all they've still got and even she doesn't really get much time on the screen.

AGREED....Cecilly is annoying because of those damn speeches....which will most likely continue with her constant blushing and damn there was sooooo many references to her breasts. This series might as well call itself "The Sacred Breasts".
wink.gif

Also, when both Aria and Cecilly looked up into the sky.....they're noses made their faces like identical nekos with different hair colour and hair style.....LAZINESS perhaps !?!
dry.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Oct 29 2009, 03:39 PM) I just watched episode 04 and the battle despite being a pretty minor one, it was done pretty well. I'm actually starting to enjoy this particular series.....I didn't really expect it to be any good. However, it still needs more.......the loli is all they've still got and even she doesn't really get much time on the screen.

AGREED....Cecilly is annoying because of those damn speeches....which will most likely continue with her constant blushing and damn there was sooooo many references to her breasts. This series might as well call itself "The Sacred Breasts".
wink.gif

Also, when both Aria and Cecilly looked up into the sky.....they're noses made their faces like identical nekos with different hair colour and hair style.....LAZINESS perhaps !?!
dry.gif

The Sacred Breasts? So true...too much screen time is given to that "chest plate" of hers. But I am only watching since Luke is way kawaii and Lisa is adorable...otherwise, I would have high tailed it long ago. ^^)

In my eyes ep 5 was wasted, completely.
If it woudlve been at least Aria or Cecily changing then ok, but Im not into lolis so this was uninteresting.

I woudlve hoped for the plot to get further. All these things now they couldve done in half an episode or so.

I hope it gets better next week.

If this is a 12 episode show how could they ignore the plot for a full episode. I understand everybody likes costumes, but just when I thought something was going to happen, here's a hat the end!?!

Well they did explain the demon contract thing, so that added some value to the episode. And sometimes it's important to take the time to show the depth of the relationship between characters before you start doing nasty things to them that tears them apart.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back