Seiken no Blacksmith

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
This series is a MASTERPIECE..........10/10........the BEST anime of this WHOLE YEAR!!
laugh.gif

Of course, I'm bullsh*tting.....I ONLY went up to episode 06 and I intend to come back and finish this series on a later date but it seems that this series did end up being awful.
dry.gif

It gets 6/10 from me.
-2 because I just hate Luke. I have enough of whining, depressive losers who become maincharacters.
-2 because the end was too rushed because they spent to much time for unnecessary things like the relation between Lisa and Luke, because it was done just more than bad.

In the end the only two good points this anime had was Cecily and Aria, but thats enough for me to want a second season.

And for Cecilys heart speech, I dont think it was that bad. Having heart in doing something can make a lot of difference. Ok it doesnt replace talent, but I think someone who puts everything in it can be better than someone who has talent but is only doing it without effort.
And its not as ridiciolous as someone actually falling in love with someone like Natsuru from Kämpfer.

Ok not really a masterpiece, but saying that its like Princess Lover is just far too much. Princess Lover was a lot worse, it even was on the same lvl like Haruhi S2.

@Wiz: Its not that uncomprehensible that Siegfried waited for Cecily to finish, because he was portrayed sooo overconfident the last 2 eps. And I wouldve done the same except that I wouldnt have lost ^^
And if I can have a beautiful girl like Aria as a sword I would give a f*ck for other swords. I mean its a double win ^^

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Dec 21 2009, 03:41 PM) Ok not really a masterpiece, but saying that its like Princess Lover is just far too much. Princess Lover was a lot worse, it even was on the same lvl like Haruhi S2.
I didn't say it's like Princess Lover as a show, just that it fails because of similar problems that Princess Lover had. True, they may be less overt here, but it doesn't mean they aren't present.
smile.gif

Ah ok. I think I know what you mean. Both started good but then went downhill. Thats certainly right -.-

Well I have mixed feelings about htis anime for one i don't think you guys are completely right about the characters i enjoyed seeing luke over come his personal problems in the anime, cause for real if you have an elite styled character like that in the show personal problem are the only wya you can see htem sturggle because otherwise they would appear far to perfect. They might of gone a bit over board on it but i still liked him. I also enjoyed the lisa and luke side story true i think this caused them to rush an ending that seemed really forced ((the whole seigfried gets mad hearing cecil talk about love so he suddenly decides to destory the city come on whats up with that.))

Also i did like cecil's character somewhat inadept but with the heart to tyr anyway she reminded me of kaoru off of rurouni kenshin.

as for the last fight well i don't think what happened was so far fetched. i mean if you looked closely the fight lasted very shortly maybe two or three clashs of their swords she didn't win because she was better then him she won because she used a better weapon that broke his. now this would of happened if luke had done it either because those special katana he makes like that have special properties. Lisa didn't need to be more skilled then seigfried to beat him that sword would of broke his no matter what so all she really did need was the heart to not falter or run away. so in a sense she was right she had enough faith in the tool she used to make up for her inadequet swordfighting skills cause if the other guys sword will break on yours doesn't matter how good he is or how bad you are.

id give this anime a decent 8/10 mainly for the rushed ending

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back