Seiken no Blacksmith

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
Girls + Swords fetish strikes again!

blacksmith1go3.jpg

Summary:
"The story takes place after an abominable war that foisted a "devil's contract" upon a land. Cecily Campbell, a former noble's daughter who joined a knighthood, encounters a man who dispatches some hoodlums with one sweep of a mysterious sword. The man possesses the power of the same "devil's contract" that has become taboo, now that peace has been restored. Cecily has been searching for a blacksmith who can repair an old sword she inherited from her father, and that mysterious young man happens to be blacksmith named Luke. This encounter launches their adventures together. "

Premier: Unknown...guessing Fall/Winter 2009?
Episodes: Unknown...

Other:
The light novel was first published in November 2007....so not much yet. This is also getting a manga adaptation starting March 27, 2009. Artist for the manga will be Kōtarō Yamada, the same person who drew the Fire Emblem manga characters....As a Fire Emblem fan, I support this
tongue.gif

Source: ANN and 2chan.

I am intruged in seeing something that might turn out to be blacksmith related. In any case it sounds like a hopeful title and series. So I'll be looking forward to this after all.

I smell a story of a strong girl with a guy hiding behind her skirt, but somehow he has to become stronger for her sake. Well let's see what happens.

You are very quick, Kit. This one looks good.....its most likely October 2009.
rolleyes.gif

I believe this will be a MFI work.
wink.gif
I belive the animation studio that might work on this anime could be ZEXCS but its just mere speculation on my part.
wink.gif

WTF....Soul Eater was MFI !?!?!?!??!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 19 2009, 05:50 PM) You are very quick, Kit. This one looks good.....its most likely October 2009.
rolleyes.gif

I believe this will be a MFI work.
wink.gif
I belive the animation studio that might work on this anime could be ZEXCS but its just mere speculation on my part.
wink.gif

WTF....Soul Eater was MFI !?!?!?!??!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

It's not listed as one yet, but we'll know by summer or even spring. As for Soul Eater...I thought you knew that a long time ago
tongue.gif

It was just announced. that means it probally wont be out this year. maybe jan 2010.

omg...1 more year and it will be 2010... arnt there alot of shows that take place in 2010?

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 20 2009, 12:58 AM) It's not listed as one yet, but we'll know by summer or even spring. As for Soul Eater...I thought you knew that a long time ago
tongue.gif

Honestly about Soul Eater....I had no idea....because I thought it was being hosted on FTV before the whole licensing by Funimation.
wink.gif
Kit, which animation studio do you think its gonna be ??
wink.gif

Also, which animation studio would you prefer to be ??
rolleyes.gif

They are 2 different questions.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 19 2009, 06:04 PM) Honestly about Soul Eater....I had no idea....because I thought it was being hosted on FTV before the whole licensing by Funimation.
wink.gif
Kit, which animation studio do you think its gonna be ?? 
wink.gif

Also, which animation studio would you prefer to be ?? 
rolleyes.gif

They are 2 different questions.
tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

Shaft is my number 1 choice, but I highly doubt they'll do this. My guess is Studio Deen, which isn't bad either. Studio Deen did Higurashi, Fate/Stay Night, Vampire Knight and a lot others. This seems like their type of project.

Negima!? aside, Shaft has done some pretty amazing work lately, including Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and of course ef ~A Tale of Me_o_ies~ However, they're working on Natsu no Arashi, and I have no idea when that will premier...probably summer though.

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 19 2009, 06:02 PM)It was just announced. that means it probally wont be out this year. maybe jan 2010.

omg...1 more year and it will be 2010... arnt there alot of shows that take place in 2010?

Lies...usually 6 months time unless the company announces beforehand that a show will come at a particular season. The exception is Tales of Symphonia, which took 3 years. Gundam Seed Movie is likely to fall there, but it's a movie. There are currently no shows planned for 2010 to my knowledge yet. It's still too early for anyone to be thinking that far ahead when this year just started. At most January 2010 at the latest, but I'm putting my bets with JCD on October, or even as early as July this year.

Well I hope this doesn't turn out to be an MFI works in the end. I mean I really want to see this series and not go and hunt for this series somewhere else. Besides the title, storyline, and artwork itself looks and feels very promising to me.

In any case it feels like it's something up my alley to watch in a way.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 20 2009, 01:12 AM) There are currently no shows planned for 2010 to my knowledge yet. It's still too early for anyone to be thinking that far ahead when this year just started. At most January 2010 at the latest, but I'm putting my bets with JCD on October, or even as early as July this year.
I know a few.....will make them in due course....only know about 2 or 3.
wink.gif

I wonder what happened to Bushilord or GothicMade.
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

It could be July as well.....but it won't be Shaft if its in July coz of their other project and they usually kinda one TV series at a time.
wink.gif

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 19 2009, 06:12 PM)Shaft is my number 1 choice, but I highly doubt they'll do this.  My guess is Studio Deen, which isn't bad either. 

QUOTE =JCDRANZER I believe this will be a MFI work. I belive the animation studio that might work on this anime could be ZEXCS but its just mere speculation on my part.

Neither one of your choices is doing it...One of my favorite anime studios...Manglobe, will be doing the honors on this one; I may give it a try as a result.
Here are a couple of links...with the promotional video which aired this past Monday night, on YouTube...
http://www.animevice.com/news/the-sacred-b...-pv-is-up/1534/
And more information from ANN...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...-video-streamed
Scheduled for the fall...2009.

So does this mean this series wilkl actually be hosted on this site once they start this series up this fall?

If so I really want to check this series out because it feels like it might be something interesting to watch.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 23 2009, 03:17 PM) So does this mean this series wilkl actually be hosted on this site once they start this series up this fall?

If so I really want to check this series out because it feels like it might be something interesting to watch.
Too soon to answer that question, Wolfie-san. Being as you are now, in the upper echelons of FTV Society, well, perhaps some of your fellow MODS might answer that question?
rolleyes.gif
It does look good and the story sounds good, but well, we will just wait until the first episode is aired sometime in the fall, to see if it delivers. I think you might like the blond haired Loli, Wolfie-san? She looks adorable...I will go for the guy though...the famed blacksmith, Luke-san...
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ghost-kun @ Jan 19 2009, 04:51 PM) I smell a story of a strong girl with a guy hiding behind her skirt, but somehow he has to become stronger for her sake. Well let's see what happens.
Fortunately, you're WAY off base. Between the description: "encounters a man who dispatches some hoodlums with one sweep of a mysterious sword." - the man being the blacksmith; and the PV which shows the guy kicking some serious ass with some sweet sword swings it seems more likely that the guy is the major fighter (despite his somewhat feminine looks) and the girl is the one who strives to become stronger throughout the story - considering she got her ass kicked by the werewolf thing who was then felled by one swing from the blacksmith guy.

This definitely looks interesting to me, I'll be keeping my eyes out for it when it starts next season (next being fall since summer season is now starting).

This does look very good, and it will be the second show on my fall season to-watch list (the other being Nogizaka Haruka)... ironic since I still don't know what I will be watching for summer yet.

Ok after seeing the promo of this series I have to ask this. When does the anime start airing then?

I found the first ep to be kinda average to be honest, but then again most first eps aren't that great. The only outstanding thing I can say about this series so far is the animation, but that's expected from Manglobe. I do plan on following this series as I see potential for a good fantasy anime. The ED was really cute, Toyosaki Aki really sounded like Yui when she was singing
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back