Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season & Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 23 2013, 03:57 PM)Excellent episode 3. It didn't follow the order of the manga (going by the first volume, the only one I've read
tongue.gif
) but I loved it anyway.

Sasha looks like she's going to add a lot of eccentricity to the show ;P
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 21 2013, 01:41 PM)Episode 03 was fantastic and I know what the series has in store for us and I'm itching to watch the next episode.

I also wanted to know what the name of the song that plays when he succeeds in the aptitude test. Anyone know?only found the song is performed by Hiroyuki Sawano -.- btw nice gifs Juli-chan xD Potato girl is my tentative 2nd fav but I'll decide after knowing more about Ymir, Krista and Annie ¬¬ also I found a review from NHK World TV Imagine-nation's latest program with interesting info about its anime making and other stuff related... I enjoyed ep.4 even more now that 2 years has passed since Eren and company were enlisted introducing their qualities and defects as unique soldiers, specially Mikasa's genius ^^ also good humoristic scenes and how they train to kill titans by striking their weak spot so I can't wait to see them battle for real ;p

Episode 4 was going so well, until the end. This titan is probably about 20-something feet taller than the wall. The area in front of the wall appears to be plains, all flat land. And I'm suppose to believe that the colossus titan made it all the way up to the wall completely undetected? I call BS as that's just terrible writing in order to give us a big shock.

At least the moments after that were awesome looking. I'm loving the fast paced action of the 3D maneuver gear.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 28 2013, 12:54 AM)Episode 4 was going so well, until the end. This titan is probably about 20-something feet taller than the wall.  The area in front of the wall appears to be plains, all flat land.  And I'm suppose to believe that the colossus titan made it all the way up to the wall completely undetected?  I call BS as that's just terrible writing in order to give us a big shock.

At least the moments after that were awesome looking. I'm loving the fast paced action of the 3D maneuver gear.
if you watch it again, it obviously didn't walked or run up to the wall, it probably came from the sky/teleported hence the lightning effects

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 28 2013, 09:54 AM) Episode 4 was going so well, until the end. This titan is probably about 20-something feet taller than the wall.  The area in front of the wall appears to be plains, all flat land.  And I'm suppose to believe that the colossus titan made it all the way up to the wall completely undetected?  I call BS as that's just terrible writing in order to give us a big shock.

Yeah, but, there is a reason for that, just don't want to spoil it early, just like spoochan is saying - it didn't really walk or run up to the wall. Every single time it appears - there is that lightning flash and vapor. So rush and start beating the show, only because you think it terrible writing, when it could in fact be part of the plot.
biggrin.gif

Is that at least gonna be explained soon or do we have to wait a while for them to make note of that? Didn't noticed the lightning effect the first time around and just feels weird that this giant thing can appear out of thin air from the lightning.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 28 2013, 10:48 AM) Is that at least gonna be explained soon or do we have to wait a while for them to make note of that?
It was only explained in the last few chapters of the manga, so for the anime, we'll have to wait quite a while for it. I'm not even sure they'll go that far in one season.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 28 2013, 07:48 PM) Is that at least gonna be explained soon or do we have to wait a while for them to make note of that? Didn't noticed the lightning effect the first time around and just feels weird that this giant thing can appear out of thin air from the lightning.
I suppose that in an episode or 2 those who arent following the manga will already start speculating here, and pretty accurately, otherwise, I guess it might take 7-8 episodes till its revealed how exactly the big one appears, and from where. There will be hints before that though.

Gotcha. I don't think it would have bothered me this episode if there was some kind of comment made about them wondering where it came from cause that would have established that the characters didn't see anything coming from outside the wall and that it appeared out of nowhere. I assume now though that topic will come up next episode.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 28 2013, 10:08 PM) Gotcha.  I don't think it would have bothered me this episode if there was some kind of comment made about them wondering where it came from cause that would have established that the characters didn't see anything coming from outside the wall and that it appeared out of nowhere.  I assume now though that topic will come up next episode.
Well if they manage to hold off the new titan invasion ^^

QUOTE (daedalron @ Apr 28 2013, 10:00 PM)It was only explained in the last few chapters of the manga, so for the anime, we'll have to wait quite a while for it. I'm not even sure they'll go that far in one season.

As long as they get to the first recon mission with the cast members, it'll already be pretty much in the open

QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 28 2013, 01:56 PM) As long as they get to the first recon mission with the cast members, it'll already be pretty much in the open
Well, if they go that far (which I think they will by the second part of the season), it would then be pretty obvious and easy to guess how that colossal titan appeared right there, but the real explanation is for much later (and I think they won't go that far in the anime, they'll probably stop with the events in Stohes city, or just before ).

And I got started and caught up on this one, finally. The titans are such nightmare fodder, but the character development seems top notch and somehow, this reminds me of the Claymore anime in strange ways. (I don't pay that close of attention to studios and didn't even know what to look for back then - is this from the same studio?) The soundtrack is also amazing. I want this OST so bad.

Sasha is awesome, the way they play her "All instinct, no brains" flavor of good natured mischief is just... made of win. XD

I'm curious to see where this one goes... The 3D movement device is kind of a neat justification for why everyone has strange option bits, the collapse-able twin-swords are also really nice for baseline weaponry. It's a silly thing, but I like the way everyone looks like they're wearing TOS Battlestar Galactica uniforms.

Am I the only person who thinks Eran's father wanted to show him a titan cadaver/prisoner?

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 28 2013, 05:00 PM)Just saw someone upload this MAD...it made me loled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyzD0j9mK4
Tears... Tears actually ran down my cheeks from laughing! That is SO wrong! I loved it. (Though I think it has even more meaning if you've watched both series so that you can see the correlations!)
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 28 2013, 06:44 PM)
Sasha is awesome, the way they play her "All instinct, no brains" flavor of good natured mischief is just... made of win. XD

Norren, you are on the same page as me. While Mikasa holds my #2 spot for favorite women of the current season, (#1 goes to Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi of "The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat". I can't say "No" to a girl who isn't crazy, but still has the strength of will to follow a guy she likes on a date with another girl, and not only have fun in her own right, but then also befriend the girl who is her rival... The girl has a will of IRON!)

..Anyway, Sasha Blause is hysterical! And disturbingly-hot when she does the "Homer Simpson" drools and shudders over food move. (It WAS kind of erotic...) She earns a solid #3 spot in my favorite women of the current season's lineup.

(Notice that none of these girls are particularly "busty"? See? Boobs aren't my only qualifications for "Hot"!) LOL

Though I have to admit that with the additional exception of #6 Yamane Byōinzaka from "Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge" all the other 7 women in my top 10 women of the season ARE pretty "well-stacked"...
blink.gif
(Sorry, I like what I like..)

Now that the ecchi is out of the way, OMG! The whole episode was very enjoyable, and without ruining it for those who haven't watched, Eren's moves at the very end were EPIC! I wish I knew how to make animated GIF avatars, because those moves would DEFINITELY be in my first-ever personal avatar!

This was the best lunch-time 20 mintes I've spent in quite a while.
I'm actually going to use one of my up-coming birthday "unconditional wishes" as an excuse to force my wife to give this series a chance. I know she'll love it!

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 28 2013, 06:44 PM) It's a silly thing, but I like the way everyone looks like they're wearing TOS Battlestar Galactica uniforms.

Am I the only person who thinks Eran's father wanted to show him a titan cadaver/prisoner?

Mikasa makes a better looking Athena (TOS) or Starbuck (2009 series) any day of the week. (It's really uncanny how well they've portrayed an almost "etherial" beauty to her considering how everyone else is drawn. She may well be the over-all "prettiest" character in recent series introductions...)
But yeah, I keep having a feeling that Boxy or Baltar will suddenly make a surprise appearance. "So say we all!"
laugh.gif

I was thinking that his dad might be part of some secret group to counter the Titan threat, or that he was suspecting that "something" was going to happen soon, and he wanted to show Eren a secret weapon or similar...  Guess we'll have to wait to see now.

Just watched episode 04, the next 2 or 3 episodes of this series are going to be so freaking EPIC! Some will be shocked, some will not be surprised but all of you guys would love it.
biggrin.gif

Well after episode 4 I think that it can be said that it is oddly-appropriate that Eren Jaeger can be translated to "Eren HUNTER" in German, since that seems to be exactly what he is...

...And I guess that Sasha does indeed have an "inner Byakko" as opposed to an "inner Kyuubi" since I just realized that her name translates roughly to "Sasha ROAR" in German
laugh.gif
This really does work better for me since I see her more as a "thieving Cat" than a "Trickster Fox". Not to mention that her dexterity and 3D maneuving gear acrobatics seem off the charts...

Mikasa too has a possible generic descriptor name if you alter Ackerman to Ackermensch and you can get "Farm Human" or "Agricultral Human" which fits her background as well.
dry.gif

Also the soundtrack is slated for release on July, 10 2013. Seems that the main theme translates to "Crimson Bow" and I believe that really great song at the end of episode 4 is translated as "Wings of Liberty" both done amazingly by "Linked Horizon" for those that are interested.
smile.gif

I've already scoped my copy out over at Amazon Japan:
Amazon Japan's Page for Linked Horizon's "Attack On Titan" OST

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 28 2013, 07:44 PM)this reminds me of the Claymore anime in strange ways. (I don't pay that close of attention to studios and didn't even know what to look for back then - is this from the same studio?)
It reminds me of Claymore too, I think it's the animation style rather than the studio. Claymore is by Madhouse, Kyojin is by Production IG. It's also the strong female characters that make the connection for me, especially Mikasa and Annie (Sascha would be the quirky claymore that sucks most of the time, but comes through when it counts, lol).
I'm kinda surprised that Huber was ranked higher than Annie, since he doesn't seem like anything special... maybe his abilities are more balanced and the fact that Annie is a lone wolf works against her?

@Barbo, like everyone already said, the colossal titan does just appear out of the sky with a burst of lightning. My guess is that he's some kind of evolved titan.

@Knorris, I wish I knew how to make those animated gifs too, I steal most of them from tumblr, lol

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 29 2013, 12:13 PM)QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 28 2013, 07:44 PM)Sasha is awesome, the way they play her "All instinct, no brains" flavor of good natured mischief is just... made of win. XDSasha Blause is hysterical! And disturbingly-hot when she does the "Homer Simpson" "Mindy Simmons" drools and shudders over food move. (It WAS kind of erotic...) She earns a solid #3 spot in my favorite women of the current season's lineup.
QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 28 2013, 02:00 PM)QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 28 2013, 07:48 PM)Is that at least gonna be explained soon or do we have to wait a while for them to make note of that? Didn't noticed the lightning effect the first time around and just feels weird that this giant thing can appear out of thin air from the lightning.I suppose that in an episode or 2 those who arent following the manga will already start speculating here, and pretty accurately, otherwise, I guess it might take 7-8 episodes till its revealed how exactly the big one appears, and from where. There will be hints before that though.actually in ep.1 that Colossus appeared the same way ¬¬ not a coincidence as it's like he intentionally shows up (after Armin's bad omen or ep.5 while Eren bragged), maybe is a kind of god that only helps other Titans to feed once in a long while waiting for people to reproduce like their cattle (so far he isn't seen eating humans)... btw with Eren's "this time we'll be the ones to devour!" I visualized Sasha imagining that giant as a huge meat xD it'll solve their food shortage big time (cannibalism?), anyway just watched ep.5 and it was spectacular but I didn't expect to end like that o_O after knowing the titans regenerate this battle seems more hopeless -.-

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 04 2013, 05:10 PM)QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 29 2013, 12:13 PM)QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 28 2013, 07:44 PM)Sasha is awesome, the way they play her "All instinct, no brains" flavor of good natured mischief is just... made of win. XDSasha Blause is hysterical! And disturbingly-hot when she does the "Homer Simpson" "Mindy Simmons" drools and shudders over food move. (It WAS kind of erotic...) She earns a solid #3 spot in my favorite women of the current season's lineup.

Good point. Well-played Sir Necro... Well-played indeed....
biggrin.gif

Now for my summary of episode 5:

HOLY CRAP!! (Enough said.)

To be honest. This is the first anime ever that i am accually smaking myself for in the head for following it weakly. Not because it is bad or anything like that. But because the ending of each episode leaves me with a after taste that i cant wait for another weak to see more. This anime keeps me on the edge of my seat everytime i watch it. And for some strange reason i am really have the feeling i can crawl into the skin of errin, as if i was him himself.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 05 2013, 02:10 AM) actually in ep.1 that Colossus appeared the same way ¬¬ not a coincidence as it's like he intentionally shows up (after Armin's bad omen or ep.5 while Eren bragged), maybe is a kind of god that only helps other Titans to feed once in a long while waiting for people to reproduce like their cattle (so far he isn't seen eating humans)... btw with Eren's "this time we'll be the ones to devour!" I visualized Sasha imagining that giant as a huge meat xD it'll solve their food shortage big time (cannibalism?), anyway just watched ep.5 and it was spectacular but I didn't expect to end like that o_O after knowing the titans regenerate this battle seems more hopeless -.-

And now we suddenly discover that Armin is the main character!
Awesome plot twist! Love how they just kill those 'main' characters' so easily in some anime.s

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back