Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season & Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Episode5 seemed to end on a great cliffhanger. I really like this show, because it gives you just enough time to take a breath and bask in the postives of the world and then just push you back in the fray. Very evil, very smart.

I am glad they actually gave out some solid colors for several of the characters, because the manga just made it confusing with the whole cast being either black haired or blondes. I like this director, for doing several things improved over the manga like arcs arrangements and pacing. Also, whoever is behind the spiderman scenes needs to be given some fine sake.

One of my major gripes with with the Hajime is that his arcs are all jumbled up. Episode 3 & 4 occur after Episode 5. The Anime seems to know the confusion of the Manga and is trying to make is easier to follow.

QUOTE (Nioki @ May 05 2013, 07:18 AM) And now we suddenly discover that Armin is the main character!
Awesome plot twist! Love how they just kill those 'main' characters' so easily in some anime.s
Hmm I'm not sure thats the case. I haven't read past vol 1 of the manga (which ends at this point) so I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Eren will live somehow. I think there was a reason they showed those scenes of his father injecting him with something, and that he needs to find whatever is hidden in their basement. I could be clinging onto false hope though
sad.gif
The last part of the ep was brutal, hate how the titans have these huge grins on their faces too while they are massacring the humans. Definitely adds to the creepiness factor.
QUOTE (south pacific islander @ May 05 2013, 04:54 PM)
One of my major gripes with with the Hajime is that his arcs are all jumbled up. Episode 3 & 4 occur after Episode 5. The Anime seems to know the confusion of the Manga and is trying to make is easier to follow.I agree, I like how the anime is being done. I didn't remember reading about any of these other characters like Sascha or Annie before in vol 1, because I think I would definitely remember them if I had. I'm guessing he has it all in a different order, but it is way easier to follow this way.

QUOTE (julezia @ May 06 2013, 06:29 AM) Hmm I'm not sure thats the case. I haven't read past vol 1 of the manga (which ends at this point) so I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Eren will live somehow. I think there was a reason they showed those scenes of his father injecting him with something, and that he needs to find whatever is hidden in their basement. I could be clinging onto false hope though
sad.gif
The last part of the ep was brutal, hate how the titans have these huge grins on their faces too while they are massacring the humans.
Aww, and here I hoped I'd get you all to believe me
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, its all going to be fine, he'll live.

I feel like this series is written by an epic troll of a mangaka, and the anime director is his best friend.

Having caught up on the manga in a moment of morbid curiosity at what was up with the Colossus titan, anime original 1 season finale ending that we all see coming aside, I think this is one of those rare cases where the anime is considerably better than the source. So much random bounce around in the manga.

I also take refuge in the fact that I was right with my claymore call. Eren is totally a Clare expy.

QUOTE (Nioki @ May 05 2013, 10:31 PM)Aww, and here I hoped I'd get you all to believe me
rolleyes.gif

This episode reminds me of that one movie Steven Segall "Starred" in... for 5 minutes.

QUOTE I think this is one of those rare cases where the anime is considerably better than the source. So much random bounce around in the manga.

I will attest to that. I felt the first episode was very tight. It will probably be a good anime series. I wont find out. Although my friend did show me a part of the manga with a titan just strutting about with a sense of purpose. As someone always on the lookout for serious humour, this just set me laughing for a good minute.

Its a shame, if I wasnt so accustomed to shounen tropes and cliches, I would probably be very into the show. However, I just find everything about it pedestrian.

Firmly in the SAO and Blue Exorcist camp for me.

I absolutely love the fact that this series is pretty much uncensored compared to other animes. More uncensored than the manga at times such as when Eren's leg is bitten off.

This is one of those animes that come along once in a while, in which it keeps you at the edge of your seat pretty much every episode, examples include Death Note (not all of it, more the first half of the series imo), Code Geass (the majority of this franchise), etc. So far, this anime is just incredible and even more so for a manga-reader, who just wants to see the epic stuff being animated.

Claymore is good but Shingeki no Kyojin is better in both anime and manga.

Man, I wish I held out on watching this episode a little longer because now I have to wait 5 more days for episode 6 and the real fun should start in episode 7 or 8 I reckon.

Episode 05 concludes the first volume I think or should I say the 4th chapter because that is where this episode ends exactly at. However, the anime has already animated a few chapters in the earlier episodes.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ May 10 2013, 02:42 PM)This is for YOU Necro!
laugh.gif

...I think I'm in "very deep LIKE"...  LOL
QUOTE (julezia @ May 05 2013, 10:29 PM)I think that Eren will live somehow. I think there was a reason they showed those scenes of his father injecting him with something, and that he needs to find whatever is hidden in their basement. I could be clinging onto false hope though
sad.gif
The last part of the ep was brutal, hate how the titans have these huge grins on their faces too while they are massacring the humans. Definitely adds to the creepiness factor.wow thanx for the cool cosplay pics ^^ as Juli-chan mentions I think too that Eren will survive ¬¬ maybe his dad found a way to inject him titan's blood without dying, probably was too desperate testing to save his son after his wife died then left that key for his research so I guess he'll regenerate his lost arm and leg as titans do... talking about despair and cruelty ep.6 reminded me to Berserk in many ways when Armin broke and those abnormal titans were killed by Mikasa alone o_O she rules, got over fear and a traumatic past after witnessing her parents are murdered by other humans -.- luckly Eren saved her but i wonder how she'll react to his death
sad.gif

Well, this episode has finally explained why Mikasa is so attached to Eren. To her, Eren is pretty much her family...her "home"- the one place she could return to no matter how much sorrow, cruelty and pain she faces. But now, the one place where she belongs is no more...would definitely carry on watching to see how Mikasa will continue to grow as a character.

Oh man, they are slow cooking this to infinite. I suppose it can't be helped either, with the manga not even close to complete and it also being a monthly serial instead weekly, they don't have a choice.

Once again, they flopped the chapters again into something easier to digest, and god I love it. I was really worried they would screw up Mikasa's bad ass moment, but the animation crew did it again. Every episode they manage to instill to me that this Adaptation is better than the original.

QUOTE (south pacific islander @ May 12 2013, 06:38 PM) Once again, they flopped the chapters again into something easier to digest, and god I love it. I was really worried they would screw up Mikasa's bad ass moment, but the animation crew did it again. Every episode they manage to instill to me that this Adaptation is better than the original.
I have only read the first volume, and I agree that the anime is doing a fantastic job. Everytime I listen that OP before the episode I get pumped up for something EPIC! lol

And yes, Mikasa is becoming even more awesome after every episode. When you didn't think she could be any more cool, she puts that stupid merchant in his place.

I also liked seeing her past, it was surprising to see how different she was as a child. So there was a time when she was innocent and naive too. In an already cruel world with the titans to be worried about, how horrible is it to have your parents murdered by fellow humans? What also surprised me was how badass Eren was back then! It takes a lot of guts for a kid to go into a place with dangerous men with nothing but a knife. Not even mentioning how he could kill them at such a young age?! It was like something snapped in him.
QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 12 2013, 12:01 AM) I think too that Eren will survive ¬¬ maybe his dad found a way to inject him titan's blood without dying, probably was too desperate testing to save his son after his wife died then left that key for his research so I guess he'll regenerate his lost arm and leg as titans do...
I wonder if his research already began way before, and thats how Eren was able to be so ruthless? I think you are definitely onto something there with that injection theory.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 12 2013, 05:01 AM) as Juli-chan mentions I think too that Eren will survive ¬¬ maybe his dad found a way to inject him titan's blood without dying, probably was too desperate testing to save his son after his wife died then left that key for his research so I guess he'll regenerate his lost arm and leg as titans do...
Hmmm.... are you sure you haven't read the manga?

Anyways, I'm gonna wait till episode 07 comes out before watching episode 06.

QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 24 2013, 11:15 AM)QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 23 2013, 05:17 PM)QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 23 2013, 03:57 PM)Some ppl are complaining about Mikasa not having dead eyes in the anime and wearing lipstick... honestly, as long as they keep the story and action scenes going at a high level, then who cares about such a miniscule detail?Especially when she looks goddamn gorgeous in the show.Yeah I think it's an improvement actually, she looks gorgeous. As long as they have her personality down pat, I don't see the problem.
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 15 2013, 05:22 PM)QUOTE (julezia @ May 15 2013, 04:57 PM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 12 2013, 12:01 AM)I think too that Eren will survive ¬¬ maybe his dad found a way to inject him titan's blood without dying, probably was too desperate testing to save his son after his wife died then left that key for his research so I guess he'll regenerate his lost arm and leg as titans do...I wonder if his research already began way before, and thats how Eren was able to be so ruthless? I think you are definitely onto something there with that injection theory.Hmmm.... are you sure you haven't read the manga? not yet o_O err déjà vu? i tend to predict what will happen in series i discuss about (but i was wrong in many) so if my guess is right I'm sorry for that spoiler, after noticing in ep.7 they left Mikasa's awaited "dead eyes" when she knew of Eren's assumed death I think it was a good decision because it adds more shock... her brightless sight reflected her mental state as she just lost her dearest one instead of happening since the start when his mom or her parents were killed, with that 'emotion' (or lack) she encouraged everyone to fight except Sasha who has enough guts ^^ btw is that titan killing his own kind controlled by Eren?
ohmy.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 19 2013, 01:02 AM) btw is that titan killing his own kind controlled by Eren?
ohmy.gif

That was my assumption, that Eren somehow fused with the titan and is now in control, at least partially. It even has the same eye color.

Does this mean Eren has lost his...umm...manhood?

If that TITAN does not speak in next episodes... atleast a simple text ... then i hope they will tell the story, what happened to titan after he ate Eren... this is the most epic anime, from Gurren Lagan times ! LOVE IT

I have a huge ass grin on my face after watching episode 06 and 07 back-to-back. I guess when you look at it, I guess it's quite easy to predict what's happening in this series with the whole injection scene giving obvious hints as to what's to come but not everything is as easy as to predict in this series. Such as Eren being a titan-shifter but that's an easy assumption from the injection scene and his suppose death but there are few more twists along the road and there are hints for them but ultimately when you find out, you'll be gobsmacked.

Episode 7 was excellent. I know manga readers that were critical over Mikasa's lack of "dead eyes" throughout the anime will be pleased
tongue.gif
I think it's great that they saved that effect for this moment, when she felt like giving up on life. It made the viewer feel a connection with her feelings this way, because we could see how dead she felt inside after learning about the "death" of Eren. I put that in quotation marks because I don't believe he's dead, there's definitely a connection between him and that titan. Maybe he's controlling it like some of you already suggested, or fused with it somehow? QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 19 2013, 03:23 AM)
Does this mean Eren has lost his...umm...manhood?
No way, he's more manly than ever! lol Even though they don't have genitalia, you can they still have gender traits... which is interesting.

Necro your injection theory still stands. I hope that in the next ep what Eren's father attempted to do is finally revealed.

Also why was Jean made "leader?" when there were stronger people there like Reiner? I guess it was a chance to give him some more character development
tongue.gif

This show has become the anime that I look forward to the most now. I liked Suisei no Gargantia the most but now this has become my top now. I love the constant thrills and suspense this show gives, even though I sort of expected it, its raw visage of gruesomeness is something to be admired.

I'm wondering if anyone heard of the the new Hollywood movie that's coming out.
attackontitan.jpg

JK, I believe this is a fan made thing but it's still interesting none the less. I've hated all Hollywood makes of animes but if they made this, I may be interested...

QUOTE (truth2belief @ May 23 2013, 08:57 AM)I'm wondering if anyone heard of the the new Hollywood movie that's coming out.

JK, I believe this is a fan made thing but it's still interesting none the less. I've hated all Hollywood makes of animes but if they made this, I may be interested...
QUOTE (julezia @ May 19 2013, 10:35 PM)QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 19 2013, 03:23 AM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 19 2013, 12:02 AM)btw is that titan killing his own kind controlled by Eren?
ohmy.gif
That was my assumption, that Eren somehow fused with the titan and is now in control, at least partially. It even has the same eye color.

Does this mean Eren has lost his...umm...manhood?No way, he's more manly than ever! lol Even though they don't have genitalia, you can they still have gender traits... which is interesting.

Necro your injection theory still stands. I hope that in the next ep what Eren's father attempted to do is finally revealed.well I'm considering everyone's theories if Eren just took control over a 15m titan or transformed into one because it didn't look at all like the old one that gulped him, about the live-action adaptation a japanese film is in production for 2014 but in december 2012 it was reported that Tetsuya Nakashima left his position as director... oh man ep.8 was really awesome with a cornered Jean asking himself if he's cut to be the leader then yelled 'What?!' when 'BerserkEren' knocked 2 titans with a punch, kicking away little ones xD also we finally saw that 'Titan shooting' scene from the OP and Mikasa's moving reunion with him ^^ now his next enemies: the Garrison
sad.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back