Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season & Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Mhh, I wish I could share everyone's excitement for this series. I'm rapidly losing interest in it because I rather liked the "anyone can die, anyone" card it was brandishing at first, but they just cemented the main characters as card carrying bearers of plot immunity.
dry.gif

Combined with all the shark base-jumping the manga did recently... just... meh. At least it will be satisfying seeing Rivalle beat Eren to a bloody pulp in his trial.

Episode 08 was done really well, they sped up the process quite a bit compared to it's manga counterpart, which was sort of slow, whereas in the anime it feels like it gets to the point quicker.

I'm just a little worried currently with an awful lot of twists happening in the manga, very big ones by the way and I'm worried that the manga will just end because it seems to be a pattern with quite a few series that they make an anime TV series so that it finishes just after the manga ends and attempts to cover all the material of the manga, which has been done successful in the past but this thing just seems to happen to often and I'm just a little worried that's all.

Anyways, looking forward to episode 09.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 25 2013, 06:46 PM) oh man ep.8 was really awesome with a cornered Jean asking himself if he's cut to be the leader then yelled 'What?!' when 'BerserkEren' knocked 2 titans with a punch, kicking away little ones xD also we finally saw that 'Titan shooting' scene from the OP and Mikasa's moving reunion with him ^^ now his next enemies: the Garrison
sad.gif

Yeah I was happy to see there was some logic behind choosing Jean as leader, and that it wasn't random just for character development (though there was some of that too). Its true that because he is weaker than the other powerhouses (Mikasa, Annie, Reiner) that he'll be able to make more balanced decisions that would work for everyone.

Soooo I guess Eren did fuse with that titan then? Since it seemed like he maintained his original form within the titan body, it was almost like he was sitting in a pod controlling a mecha
tongue.gif
Only difference was that his mind was completely taking over and the titan's physical features were overwritten as well. And yes Mikasa's reunion with him was very moving
smile.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 28 2013, 03:59 PM)Episode 08 was done really well, they sped up the process quite a bit compared to it's manga counterpart, which was sort of slow, whereas in the anime it feels like it gets to the point quicker.

I'm just a little worried currently with an awful lot of twists happening in the manga, very big ones by the way and I'm worried that the manga will just end because it seems to be a pattern with quite a few series that they make an anime TV series so that it finishes just after the manga ends and attempts to cover all the material of the manga, which has been done successful in the past but this thing just seems to happen to often and I'm just a little worried that's all.

Anyways, looking forward to episode 09. I think it's more likely we'll get an anime original ending, which sucks too....
tongue.gif
I hope not. I'd like it if they just ended the anime up to the point where they get, and continue it later on. I don't know how much they've covered and whats left, manga readers would be a better judge of that.

QUOTE (julezia @ May 28 2013, 05:47 PM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 25 2013, 06:46 PM)oh man ep.8 was really awesome with a cornered Jean asking himself if he's cut to be the leader then yelled 'What?!' when 'BerserkEren' knocked 2 titans with a punch, kicking away little ones xD also we finally saw that 'Titan shooting' scene from the OP and Mikasa's moving reunion with him ^^ now his next enemies: the Garrison
sad.gif
Yeah I was happy to see there was some logic behind choosing Jean as leader, and that it wasn't random just for character development (though there was some of that too). Its true that because he is weaker than the other powerhouses (Mikasa, Annie, Reiner) that he'll be able to make more balanced decisions that would work for everyone.

Soooo I guess Eren did fuse with that titan then? Since it seemed like he maintained his original form within the titan body, it was almost like he was sitting in a pod controlling a mecha
tongue.gif
Only difference was that his mind was completely taking over and the titan's physical features were overwritten as well. And yes Mikasa's reunion with him was very moving
smile.gif
err Eren's metamorphosis wasn't as simple as we though in our theories o_O there was no need to fuse or control that giant geezer, killed from inside instantly ^^ he was able to 'create' himself a 15m titan and survive as human below its weak spot... after ep.9 (or 4.5 in first half) I guess the Legion's main force will be ordered to kill Eren while he tries to recover Wall Maria in search of his father's basement, Mikasa will side with him no matter what but I'm not sure about Armin if he will betray them for fear of him and other humans who consider them as traitors
sleep.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jun 02 2013, 04:30 PM) err Eren's metamorphosis wasn't as simple as we though in our theories o_O there was no need to fuse or control that giant geezer, killed from inside instantly ^^ he was able to 'create' himself a 15m titan and survive as human below its weak spot... after ep.9 (or 4.5 in first half) I guess the Legion's main force will be ordered to kill Eren while he tries to recover Wall Maria in search of his father's basement, Mikasa will side with him no matter what but I'm not sure about Armin if he will betray them for fear of him and other humans who consider them as traitors
sleep.gif

Yeah his metamorphosis happens in a different way from what I initially thought. Its irritating that they want to kill him now because they think he's really a titan, when he saved their asses. I can understand the reasoning, they are really afraid and it poses a real risk to have him around if he goes berserk or something.
But anyway, I guess we will see Eren, Mikasa and Armin run to Wall Maria where they will encounter the strongest troops, including neat freak Levi.

I can't see Armin betraying them even if he is afraid, because the three of them have always been together and Eren saved his life. But who knows, I could be wrong
tongue.gif

after watching ep.10 I guess you're right o_O looks like Armin will not backstab them after all the times they protected him, just realized he isn't a burden or as useless as he believed since 5 years ago so most likely he'll stick with them... Eren's nosebleed withdrawal proved he isn't invinsible and cant transform often properly by pushing himself but good thing Dot Pixis saves the day just in time, stopping Capt. Weirdman before there was any unnecessary bloodshed (an eccentric titan lover like the Survey Corps' megane girl xD maybe they're related) ;P
my favorites so far: Shin Geki Evangelion > Fate/Attack Titan > Hellsing no Kyojin
biggrin.gif

So...I went on Nico Nico like I always do, and I came across this-

"Guren no Yumiya" Seiyuu version (taken from the Shingeki no Kyojin radio 5th episode). It is pretty much a karaoke performed by Yuuki Kaji (Eren), Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa) and Hiro Shimono (Conny). And as always, with Shimono (being a seiyuu who is famous for spending lots of time singing ani-song at karaoke and even gotten award for it) messing around (like he always does), it made people seriously loled and say there's a monkey in the background.

Anyway, I'll link the one that people has uploaded onto youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFoypY9Y3qo

lol i wonder if there is a video of that radio program to see him messing around xD about the hole sealing plan in ep.11, as expected it'll be not easy to follow if Eren can't control the titan's savage instincts but how long it'll take him to do... no wonder why the Garrison are still afraid :/ also if Pixis' "top-secret project to turn humans into Titans" was only a bluff, just convincing them to cooperate or he knows something they don't o_O maybe the titan origin from 107 years ago?
also found Imagine-Nation's "Roundup #1" special about this and other series
smile.gif

Glad not all is slash and dash...gloom and doom...here's hoping the entire cast gets chibified.
tongue.gif

Sasha!

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 12 2013, 04:27 PM)"Guren no Yumiya"
QUOTE (julezia @ Jun 05 2013, 04:23 PM)I can understand the reasoning, they are really afraid and it poses a real risk to have him around if he goes berserk or something.talking about all that I wonder why 'BerserkEren' stroke Mikasa in ep.12 (to even punch himself LOL) but he didn't attack other humans before, was that just his titan instinct taking over or because he subconsciously got mad at her for being 'overprotective'? like his madness while killing titans... it seems he'll control his emotion and follow the plan now that Armin reminded his dream to explore the world ^^ lol'd when Ian said "Protect your boyfriend", and blushing she replied "He's family" xD about "Crimson Bow and Arrow" they recently shown a music PV at Shibuya announcing its full OP single for July 10th
also the OST will be released in June 28th
biggrin.gif

Yeah it wasn't really explained why he went for Mikasa of all the people that were around. Perhaps you are right, that it was his unconscious annoyance at her over protectiveness.
I knew that he would run into trouble controlling that titan form, because even before he was just letting out a lot of anger at the titans, I don't think he was consciously controlling it.
I can finally understand why Armin is so important, his intelligence is really necessary to understand Eren, also he's really good with coming up with strategies.

yes without a doubt Armin has demostrated how useful and smart he is so Eren successfully can control the titan himself without attacking people, still there is hope for mankind and advance to the outside world discovering its mysteries... i guess this 2nd cour will be about wall Maria's recapture and its titan secrets at the Jaegers' basement, what I'm not liking are the mini-recaps before every OP and looks like by the next title "13.5: Since That Day" it will be a filler episode ¬¬
at least the OST is finally here
happy.gif

I think some people are already thinking the same as I am. I think that all giants here were once human. However, having found and drank something out there or something they turned to giants. Eventually, their giant power overtook their minds. This explains why Eren went Berserk. This also explains why the red giant without skin appeared out of no where at the wall. This also explains why all giants have the same weakspot in the back of the neck. They're actually giants controlled by humans in that same spot.

This is my speculation, though.

^something similar crossed in my mind but i dont think their origin was a mere accident by nature so my theory is: 100+ years ago scientists did experiments, turning people into titans (probably with their help humans could build such tall walls) but with time their body temperature rotted their brains and went nuts... anyway i just watched episode 13.5 and as I though it's only a mid-season filler (reason why I wasn't in hurry to check it out earlier -.-) but still it's an unusual, weird recap showing that Eren is able to dream about future events (as seen in ep.1) o_O I guess that's a part of his titan power and what his dad injected him
btw the full OP single and official music video are out
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 11 2013, 12:00 AM) ^something similar crossed in my mind but i dont think their origin was a mere accident by nature so my theory is: 100+ years ago scientists did experiments, turning people into titans (probably with their help humans could build such tall walls) but with time their body temperature rotted their brains and went nuts... anyway i just watched episode 13.5 and as I though it's only a mid-season filler (reason why I wasn't in hurry to check it out earlier -.-) but still it's an unusual, weird recap showing that Eren is able to dream about future events (as seen in ep.1) o_O I guess that's a part of his titan power and what his dad injected him
That is a good theory, and I could see it being true.

This was another great episode, because even though there wasn't any action, there was information that will probably be relevant later. I have to say I like both Levi and Hange, they are both weird and nutty in their own way. Levi being a clean freak and has a past of being a criminal. Hange loving to experiment and talk about it all night long. It was unexpected to see how much she enjoyed working with the titans, giving them names and laughing even when they tried to bite her head off
tongue.gif

Interesting that the Titan's limbs are very light and that they are only active in the sunlight.

At the end of the episode we were left with a question, who do you think the enemy is?
Some humans came in and killed the titans, probably because there was some secret to them that they didn't want Hange to find out.

QUOTE (julezia @ Jul 21 2013, 11:18 AM)This was another great episode, because even though there wasn't any action, there was information that will probably be relevant later. I have to say I like both Levi and Hange, they are both weird and nutty in their own way.

At the end of the episode we were left with a question, who do you think the enemy is?
Some humans came in and killed the titans, probably because there was some secret to them that they didn't want Hange to find out.probably that's where my theory fits in case I'm right o_O though episodes 14 to 16 weren't full of action they're interesting, looking at Mikasa very mad with Levi in the trial or when he left with his squad after Eren asks Hange about her experiments xD ... about ep.16 at last the remaining main cast joined the Survey Corps eccentrics and an expedition to recover Wall Maria finally begins as seen in its cliffhanger, also telling by this preview and opening we'll see what is most likely the reason there are lots of titans but fewer humans: a Female Titan (Pixis will rejoice)
laugh.gif

I actually preferred it when they translated Survey Corps as Recon Corps, made more sense to me
dry.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 29 2013, 01:00 AM) probably that's where my theory fits in case I'm right o_O though episodes 14 to 16 weren't full of action they're interesting, looking at Mikasa very mad with Levi in the trial or when he left with his squad after Eren asks Hange about her experiments xD ... about ep.16 at last the remaining main cast joined the Survey Corps eccentrics and an expedition to recover Wall Maria finally begins as seen in its cliffhanger, also telling by this preview and opening we'll see what is most likely the reason there are lots of titans but fewer humans: a Female Titan (Pixis will rejoice)
laugh.gif

Yes everyone joined except Annie, I find that suspicious. She didn't seem to be one to overly care for her own safety, I thought her to be more of a risk taker.

I liked that Jean was open and honest about being frightened and uneasy about this decision, his character has grown on me a lot since his introduction.

And yes, LOL @ Mikasa's rage towards Levi. I'm sure she's mad at him for how he beat Eren up at the trial.
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 29 2013, 12:27 PM)I actually preferred it when they translated Survey Corps as Recon Corps, made more sense to me I've seen both translations, and I agree that recon corps sounds better and more accurate.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back