Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season & Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Sep 03 2013, 04:16 PM) Saw these two videos, and can't help but to get eye-watery...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytLLS02Yw0M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBXzcL5y_uk
Awww...
sad.gif
I thought that was really cool, a neat way to use The Girl Who Leapt Through Time screen-caps
tongue.gif
I thought it was funny that Makoto's body passed for both girls and boys as a base
tongue.gif
(of course it was adjusted a little, but still)

QUOTE (julezia @ Sep 02 2013, 11:59 AM)I was a Petra fanQUOTE (NecroRyu @ Aug 31 2013, 07:00 PM)so finally was worth the long wait for his epic fight against the giant bitch in ep.21 who is back for more, after killing part of Levi's strongest squad so now it's personal: FINISH HER LEVI AND MIKASA!We haven't seen Mikasa in action lately, so I'm glad to have her back kicking ass. I have faith that she and Levi will take her down, because both are really pissed and the titan seems to be in a weakened state. I know Eren is still alive, and I think the reason she's running is to finish him off somewhere elsyou know that most likely somebody will die after looking at Mikasas dead eyes but Levi stopped her, he owned that titan by himself with his fast ninja-like skill not giving a chance to harden her skin... though she deserved to die or at least her human body inside being captured alive, because it was sad to see families waiting for their relatives killed by her now that the 57th expedition failed too ;(
passing to a comic relief not only ep.22 was subbed but also the second special
smile.gif

guess armin wasn't the only smart one in the group... i watched both 23 and 24 and i was left stunned
smile.gif
finally some fast paced action and annie gets what she deserves... or it seems that way. for some reason i believe that the other two titans (armored and colossal) will make an appearance and make everything a mess (just my opinion not a spoiler the last comment)

QUOTE (gethiron @ Sep 25 2013, 12:12 PM)for some reason i believe that the other two titans (armored and colossal) will make an appearance and make everything a mess (just my opinion not a spoiler the last comment) noup they didn't help Annie (yet) after all :/ looks like she's the lone wolf of the giant skinless trio, but the other two worked together as seen in ep.2 so maybe they have different goals? telling by ep.4 from 5:50-10:15 i assumed this ¬¬... anyway best season finale (starting with the wallist church smashed by her xD) and cliffhanger with a Titan inside the wall o_O, I'll have to wait patiently for S2 meanwhile leaving it between 10/10 or 9/10 until i see 'Ilse's notebook' OVA ^^
most people hide or ran away but not this badass cat! join the recon corps!
laugh.gif

Disappointing "ending". I must really question, why would you spread yourself soooo thin if the series was planned for only 26 eps to begin with?
dry.gif

Basically, nothing is resolved, and the series spends more time drawing fake "intense" scenes than actually progressing the plot, building the world, fleshing out the characters, or anything else really. The progress it made in 26 eps is about equal to 2-6 eps of a regular anime, which would be fine if this were a prime-slot JUMP anime, but it's not, which makes this rather pathetic...

The show had its moments but was much like the Hobbit movie - stretched waaay too thin and with pacing way off to be enjoyable in any real way. Basically 26 eps of barely anything happening at all.

They may have just made the anime too soon. With the 25 episodes they did do, even with the slow pacing of it, the anime still covers about 3/4ths of the manga so far. With the immense popularity of the show and the creators seemingly not wanted to go beyond the manga and do original content, I'm confident the show will get a season 2 eventually. That's gonna take some time though for the manga to finish up.

Though I would definitely say it was enjoyable, but I would recommend to people to marathon the show, at least several episodes at a time. I found myself enjoying the show more when I started falling behind and watched 3-4 episodes in a row to catch up. Even stopped myself from watching the last few episodes until the final one came out so I could do the same.

Hello to everyone! I'm new and I wanted to ask where I can find the new episodes in streaming.
thanks in advance
smile.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 02 2013,11:39 AM)The show had its moments^ despite all its defects and overhype I must admit the series is one of the best adaptations i have watched from this year, also Ilse's Notebook episode subbed today was really good to be an OVA happening between ep'3 and 4s timeskip... it deserved to be aired instead of a silly recap titled '13.5' -.- so anyway, telling by that talking titan as I posted before looks like Ymir is related to them too o_O

Shingeki no Kyojin (TV series 25 episodes) spring to summer 2013 - 9/10
SnK #13.5 "Since That Day" (TV recap) summer 2013 - 5/10
Snk Chimi Chara Gekijou: Tondeke! Kunren Heidan (BR specials) ongoing - 6/10
SnK #3.5 "Ilse no Techou" (OVA/OAD) fall 2013 - 8/10

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 02 2013, 09:56 PM) They may have just made the anime too soon. With the 25 episodes they did do, even with the slow pacing of it, the anime still covers about 3/4ths of the manga so far. With the immense popularity of the show and the creators seemingly not wanted to go beyond the manga and do original content, I'm confident the show will get a season 2 eventually. That's gonna take some time though for the manga to finish up.

Though I would definitely say it was enjoyable, but I would recommend to people to marathon the show, at least several episodes at a time. I found myself enjoying the show more when I started falling behind and watched 3-4 episodes in a row to catch up. Even stopped myself from watching the last few episodes until the final one came out so I could do the same.
I enjoyed the anime.. very interesting n exciting. . I really hope they release season 2 soon.. did they announce it?

QUOTE (tomo @ Mar 12 2014, 04:32 PM)I enjoyed the anime.. very interesting n exciting. . I really hope they release season 2 soon.. did they announce it?not yet but a new OVA was released lately ^^ I guess it's just subbed because, is a filler episode but for me the most hilarious so far (more than its specials)... centered on Jean-Boy (stealing Eren's spotlight in the opening) and Potato Girl, paroding series like Toriko and even the TV show MasterChef with Pixis as judge

SnK #3.25 "104th Gunren Heidan-hen" (2nd OVA/OAD) spring 2014 - 7/10
Attack on Titan (live action movie?) summer 2015? - ???

Ok, I know I'm way late on this one, but I just finished it last night. I liked it. I certainly didn't get bored watching it. I hope they will continue it. Would love to see the rest of the story.

~souchan~

QUOTE (souchan473 @ Apr 19 2014, 03:55 PM)I know I'm way late on this one, but I just finished it last night. I liked it. I certainly didn't get bored watching it. I hope they will continue it. Would love to see the rest of the story.well 3.75 was released today, for me best OVA so far ^^ can't wait for the film:

SnK #3.75 "Difficulty" (3rd OAD) summer 2014 - 9/10 (OVAs in average 8/10)
Gekijou-ban SnK: Zenpen -Guren no Yumiya- (animated movie) fall 2014 - ???

I always avoided anime adapted from games because I thought what was the point? I've since changed that mindset after watching the rather underrated Shingeki no Bahamut last year. This brings me on to this year obligatory anime adapted from game God Eater. Described as a poor man's Attack on Titan, I actually think it is better than Attack on Titan. First of the animation is absolutely stunningly beautiful. It has made me a believer in CGI anime which I never thought would happen.

With episode 5 of God Eater (ironically episode 5 of AoT is where I stopped watching because the story became so obvious and boring), it moved into uncertain territory. I found it to be emotionally draining. I now have to wait two weeks and ponder where the story goes from here which in itself is interesting.

Shingeki! Kyojin Chūgakkō, a parody spin-off before AoT S2 next year

Title: Attack on Titan Junior High
Japanese: 進撃!巨人中学校
Airing date: 3/10/2015 (TV series 12 episodes)
Genres: Comedy, Parody, School, Shounen
Original creators: Saki Nakagawa (manga) and Hajime Isayama (concept)
Director: Yoshihide Ibata
Written by: Midori Gotō
Music by: Asami Tachibana
Character designer: Yūko Yahiro
Art director: Kazuhiro Arai (Studio Homare)
Sound director: Masafumi Mima
Director of photography: Tetuya Takahashi
Animation producer: Toru Kawaguchi
Art setting by: Kenichi Morioka
Color key by: Makiko Suzuki
Editing by: Taeko Hamauzu
Studio: Production I.G
Network: MBS, Tokyo MX, RKK, BS11, SBS
Opening theme: "Seishun wa Hanabi no Yō ni (青春は花火のように / Youth is Like Fireworks)" by Linked Horizon
Ending theme: "Hangeki no Daichi (反撃の大地 / Earth's Counterattack)" by Yūki Kaji, Kishô Taniyama and Yui Ishikawa

Main cast[/URL]: Eren Jaeger (エレン・イェーガー) voiced by Yūki Kaji and Bryce Papenbrook (EN)
Mikasa Ackerman (ミカサ・アッカーマン) voiced by Yui Ishikawa and Trina Nishimura (EN)
Armin Arlert (アルミン・アルレルト) voiced by Marina Inoue and Josh Grelle (EN)
Sasha Blouse (サシャ・ブラウス) voiced by Yū Kobayashi and Ashly Burch (EN)

Annie Leonhardt (アニ・レオンハート) voiced by Yū Shimamura and Lauren Landa (EN)
Levi (リヴァイ) voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya and Matthew Mercer (EN)
Erwin Smith (エルヴィン・スミス) voiced by Daisuke Ōno and J. Michael Tatum (EN)

Hange Zoë (ハンジ・ゾエ) voiced by Romi Park and Jessica Calvello (EN)
Petra Ral (ペトラ・ラル) voiced by Natsuki Aikawa and Caitlin Glass (EN)
Rico Brzenska (リコ・ブレチェンスカ) voiced by Michiko Kaiden and Morgan Garrett (EN)
Mike Zacharias (ミケ・ザカリアス) voiced by Kenta Miyake and Jason Douglas (EN)

Eld Gin (エルド・ジン) voiced by Susumu Chiba and Vic Mignogna (EN)
Oluo Bozad (オルオ・ボザド) voiced by Shinji Kawada and Chris Smith (EN)
Günther Schultz (グンタ・シュルツ) voiced by Kōzō Mito and Brett Weaver (EN)
Conny Springer (コニー・スプリンガー) voiced by Hiro Shimono and Clifford Chapin (EN)
Jean Kirschtein (ジャン・キルシュタイン) voiced by Kishō Taniyama and Mike McFarland (EN)
Marco Bott (マルコ・ボット) voiced by Ryōta Ōsaka and Austin Tindle (EN)
Krista Lenz (クリスタ・レンズ) voiced by Shiori Mikami and Bryn Apprill (EN)
Ymir (ユミル) voiced by Saki Fujita and Elizabeth Maxwell (EN)
Reiner Braun (ライナー・ブラウン) voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya and Robert McCollum (EN)
Bertholdt Hoover (ベルトルト・フーバー) voiced by Tomohisa Hashizume and David Matranga (EN)
Hannes (ハンネス) voiced by Keiji Fujiwara and David Wald (EN)
Keith Shadis (キース・シャーディス) voiced by Tsuguo Mogami and Patrick Seitz (EN)
Grisha Jaeger (グリシャ・イェーガー) voiced by Hiroshi Tsuchida and Chris Hury (EN)
Carla Jaeger (カルラ・イェーガー) voiced by Yoshino Takamori and Jessica Cavanagh (EN)
TV PVs & CMs: https://www.youtube.com/embed/U0UYJYlVj28?r...dauVVXGvAjATVaM
Official websites: http://kyojinchu.tv/ and http://kodanshacomics.com/series/attack-on...an-junior-high/ (EN)

Synopsis: The school comedy story is set in a junior high school and centers on the original manga's characters such as Eren and Mikasa as they battle with Titans. The spin-off incorporates gags while using Shingeki no Kyojin's story and notable scenes as its basis.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Aug 18 2015, 03:43 PM)God Eater. Described as a poor man's Attack on Titan, I actually think it is better than Attack on Titan. First of the animation is absolutely stunningly beautiful. It has made me a believer in CGI anime which I never thought would happen.

With episode 5 of God Eater (ironically episode 5 of AoT is where I stopped watching because the story became so obvious and boring), it moved into uncertain territory. I found it to be emotionally draining. I now have to wait two weeks and ponder where the story goes from here which in itselfstill glad I dropped God Eater in ep.1, because '10-13 are delayed until 2016
sleep.gif

even in case this series is a comic relief filler prior S2, so far ep.6 is my favorite about what girl wrote Jean love letters... I'm surprised THAT titan is female and Hange's unknown gender, also i wonder if Eren or Annie will turn into titans
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 11 2015, 07:00 PM)even in case this series is a comic relief filler prior S2, so far ep.6 is my favorite about what girl wrote Jean love letters... I'm surprised THAT titan is female and Hange's unknown gender, also i wonder if Eren or Annie will turn into titans
laugh.gif

I find it novel, how they draw the parallels to major/epic events in the original series to the very mundane events here. But that won't carry the series.

For a series that feels a lot like "Puchimas", I really do like the animation. If the proportions and scale were re-aligned with the norm, this would be pretty serious anime to watch aesthetically, I think.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Nov 18 2015, 12:49 PM)that feels a lot like "Puchimas", I really do like the animation. If the proportions and scale were re-aligned with the norm, this would be pretty serious anime to watch aestheticallyactually a few of its only scenes they realigned this way are in ep.8, craziest for me until now watching them afraid... except Mikasa xD about major event gags i say the best is Ervin's debut there, like asking Eren 'what do you see?' twice
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Nov 18 2015,12:49 PM)it novel, how they draw the parallels to major/epic events in the original series to the very mundane eventsdespite its Easter Egg eps spoiling S2 like AnniexBertholt's festival masks, sadly 1 left but ep.11 is a blast with maid Krista... also Jean as Snow White, a butler Ymir and bunny Armin until Titans stole food stands! this dramatic end took the cake
tongue.gif

Attack on Titan season 2, continuing right after the 2nd recap movie's cliffhanger

Norren said:
Attacking Titan season 2: I still can't stop laughing at how colossally bad the JP author's engrish is. Watched purely for "can't look away from trainwreck" value, the manga has shark jumped so far that it actually makes sense again. I have to applaud the mangaka's editor, the man has the tenacity and patience of a saint.
then better ignore its liveactions, i think S2 starts strong with a new smart titan :)

Just started watching S1... for this genre, it's rather well done...mostly in terms of story where it counts, as the animation looks normal, and the characters the same, essentially another high school class defending the school/country/people. The Titans are a wee bit over the top, would love to see them utilize actual history with the Nephilim, who should return soon, but that's way too esoteric... and by the time they do, so much else will be going on... though it is interesting to see the parallels.

I've just finished ep8, and it is better to watch a few eps at a time... more like a film/movie that way... keeps the energy going etc.... nice writing so far... the bit on the girls's parents death by those slave traders... nice bit of reality interspersed throughout... like the other tall guy who doesn't think he's a leader, only to be told by another that it is because he knows fear that others can relate to him etc...

better than mecha... not a mecha fan... as it's usually younger, mostly shonen, aren't they? this seems more seinen, so the writing can be more 'adult' as well... which seems to work better with this genre... IMO.
I can understand why others liked it... good action based series... interesting how they have so far set up humans as prey for larger 'humanoids'... hard not to go esoteric here... must be subconscious projection... cool though just to see some of these issues/situations portrayed in any fashion... B)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back