Streaming problems

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Barbobot

-the Pirate King
Retired
Quick question before I go to class as this has been a slight problem.

I was trying to watch One Piece and Inuyasha on Funi's streams and on Hulu last night and today. Unfortunately whenever I maximized the window the video would start to get choppy and kinda unwatchable. It was perfectly fine when left at the smaller size, but gave me those problems when maximized. I tried restarting my browser, restarting my computer, clearing the browser cache, closing other programs, and doing a disk cleanup and nothing fixes the problem.

Any suggestions?

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Nov 09 2009, 02:27 PM) Quick question before I go to class as this has been a slight problem.

I was trying to watch One Piece and Inuyasha on Funi's streams and on Hulu last night and today. Unfortunately whenever I maximized the window the video would start to get choppy and kinda unwatchable. It was perfectly fine when left at the smaller size, but gave me those problems when maximized. I tried restarting my browser, restarting my computer, clearing the browser cache, closing other programs, and doing a disk cleanup and nothing fixes the problem.

Any suggestions?
Computer specs?
Possible that maximizing it is just too much for your computer to handle - more likely if you're on a netbook or weaker laptop with a slower single-core CPU. I believe HULU gives a lot of problems on weaker computers due to the relatively higher resolution.

Have you played Hulu on the computer before without problem - as in, is this something that's just suddenly started happening recently?

I think this may be the first time I've tried watching stuff on Hulu since I upgraded to Win 7 (had XP before), but before I never had a single problem with Hulu or Funimation's streaming.
I don't have a super powerful laptop (not a netbook), but one that should be powerful enough.
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
2GB RAM
GeForce 8400M GS

Edit: K, well I got it to work fine in fullscreen, except I had to knock my resolution down from 1680x1050 to 1280x800. At that point the fullscreen version worked perfectly fine. But should I really have to knock down my resolution every time I want to use streaming services in full screen? In XP I always kept my resolution at 1680x1050 and never had problems.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Nov 09 2009, 06:36 PM) I think this may be the first time I've tried watching stuff on Hulu since I upgraded to Win 7 (had XP before), but before I never had a single problem with Hulu or Funimation's streaming.
I don't have a super powerful laptop (not a netbook), but one that should be powerful enough.
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
2GB RAM
GeForce 8400M GS

Edit: K, well I got it to work fine in fullscreen, except I had to knock my resolution down from 1680x1050 to 1280x800. At that point the fullscreen version worked perfectly fine. But should I really have to knock down my resolution every time I want to use streaming services in full screen? In XP I always kept my resolution at 1680x1050 and never had problems.
With those specs, I'd think you'd be fine =/ Especially if you used to play the video well back in XP, Win 7 should not make things worse...

Were you perhaps playing in Hi-Res when normally you play in low?

Also, what size screen do you have? I usually don't see 1680x1050 until pretty large screen sizes...not commonly found on laptops - especially not laptops that weren't designed for media or gaming.

Not sure what's causing the problem, none of my computers - including those upgraded to Win7 - have any problems at Hulu in fullscreen, and my laptop has comparable specs to yours (though natural resolution is only 1280x1024 as opposed to 1680x1050).

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Nov 09 2009, 09:49 PM) With those specs, I'd think you'd be fine =/ Especially if you used to play the video well back in XP, Win 7 should not make things worse...

Were you perhaps playing in Hi-Res when normally you play in low?

Also, what size screen do you have? I usually don't see 1680x1050 until pretty large screen sizes...not commonly found on laptops - especially not laptops that weren't designed for media or gaming.

Not sure what's causing the problem, none of my computers - including those upgraded to Win7 - have any problems at Hulu in fullscreen, and my laptop has comparable specs to yours (though natural resolution is only 1280x1024 as opposed to 1680x1050).
Nope, I was watching Standard Res.

As for the screen, it's physically a 15.4" screen. I would generally pay the extra money to get the higher res screen.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back