Sword Art Online (LN/manga)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Baka Tsuki just finished up translating book 10, they're caught up again, until Aincrad Progressive hits!
biggrin.gif

This week's episode was Book 1, chapters 18 through 21.

Also, I just noticed the OP has a Seiyuu for Sinon, is this somehow going through to the end of book 6? :^o

I keep falling behind. At some point I might rant about IRL stuff in the off topic area. >_>;

With the end of last week's episode, Book 1 fully opened up. You can also safely finish reading Warmth of the Heart now.

This week's episode gets about 2/3rds through Book 3, chapter 1. Stop reading when Kirito hops on his bike and rides out.

Also, with this week's episode and what you read in the first part of b3-c1, Book 8: First Day will have better context. If you haven't read it, I recommend it!

On the point of SAO being different 10 years later... this is where I point out that SAO is a Phantasy Star Online inspired story, to the point that Kayaba Akihiko is canonically a PSO fanboy, and named Demon King Heathcliff after the Heathcliff Fouren character from PSO.
biggrin.gif

hmm now that the TV series is done I'm tempted to read the next light novels and manga volumes, but I prefer to be patient and must resist until the second season is animated to follow it along with the LNs ^^

We don't know for sure if we're going to get more episodes, but even if we do, I don't think you really lose anything for reading them now.

QUOTE (Norren @ Jan 04 2014, 01:19 AM) I do have to laugh at Asuna blushing at the recollection of 16.5- Even Kawahara Reki was embarrassed by that chapter, he rewrote it recently, it seems.
He didn't rewrite it. The new chapter he wrote happens the next day, right after their official marriage.

QUOTE (daedalron @ Jan 04 2014, 07:19 AM) He didn't rewrite it. The new chapter he wrote happens the next day, right after their official marriage.
My mistake, I was still in the middle of the worst fever I've had in years when I read that chapter and thought it said 16.5 for it's title, it said 16.6. *facepalms*

it's ok Norren ;p being patient has its rewards after all, time to necrobump now that the Phantom Bullet arc began... for you how faithful to the LNs it has been along EE? also, as s2 will have 24 eps do you think they'll animate these arcs?
smile.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 08 2014, 08:59 PM) it's ok Norren ;p being patient has its rewards after all, time to necrobump now that the Phantom Bullet arc began... for you how faithful to the LNs it has been along EE? also, as s2 will have 24 eps do you think they'll animate these arcs?
smile.gif

Heh, indeed it does.

I'll wait until the third episode before I guess about what arcs are getting animated, since if they want to drag Phantom bullet out for all 24 eps, they might be able to find a way with flashbacks, excessive visuals, and so on. I agree with what Anybody said about phantom bullet most likely ending after a maximum of 15~16 episodes- they could probably cram it into 8 without omitting anything if they skipped the requisite redundant information dumps.

As far as how true it's been... Aside from little stuff here and there, the only major thing was they dropped the Tonkii arc from ALO, but other than that it's been reasonably good. EE was nice when I first watched it, but kinda meh to me as a writer. It isn't a bad arc by any stretch, but it pillaged from the Tonkii and Caliber SS arcs in sloppy ways and lacked conflict.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 09 2014, 12:59 AM) it's ok Norren ;p being patient has its rewards after all, time to necrobump now that the Phantom Bullet arc began... for you how faithful to the LNs it has been along EE? also, as s2 will have 24 eps do you think they'll animate these arcs?
smile.gif

Well since this was necro bumped a year, i guess u wont mind me necro bumping a few months, specially if this is the last reply on this subforum xD

In my experience being impatient pays well ONLY when it comes to anime and manga xD

Look at To Aru, Kamachi made Railgun and forgot about making a third Index season
tongue.gif

Luckly i started living off LNs a few years ago, so picking up the To Aru LN wasnt that hard.

Animes and manga not being updated were the reason i started reading LNs, namely Shakugan no Shana and To Aru (love dengeki and famitsu these days)

So you could say that the lack of one thing produced another, which is to say something good came out of my impatience xD

....... and that comes from me, the avatar of patience >_> (at least according to my friends lol, well dont blame them, i prefer x1 exp rates on morpgs etc, and i can take over 20 minutes to adjust the mouse sensitivity slider in games lol)

my bad im rambling....

Point is give in and go read. (like reading is a bad thing lol)

Does Azuna and the rest of the crew come into play in the next arc? Does anyone have an idea how many epy's there gonna do this time around? I am assuming 24 or so.

I really need to start reading some of these novels. Does anyone have a good place to look these up?

I've merged both posts, please don't double post instead edit your last post. To double post there has to be at least a day apart from the previous post, which it wasn't in this case.

QUOTE (Fdraven @ Sep 20 2014, 07:07 PM) Does Azuna and the rest of the crew come into play in the next arc? Does anyone have an idea how many epy's there gonna do this time around? I am assuming 24 or so.
The next arc will feature Asuna as the lead, with Kirito being a backdrop character.

As far as where to go read the books, Yen Press is publishing them now, so all the scanlations have dried up. You can probably still find the fan translations lurking about in seedy corners of the internet, but Yen Press is actually making decent progress (by dead-tree edition standards) having finished both Aincrad books so far.

Thanks for the information!

I am seeing SAO 11 called Alicization turning. Is this another Arc to come? Seems I cant find the full novel, only pieces of it are avail atm. Guess that just means I get surprised every week lol, but nothing bad bout that either. Anyways in this SAO 11 from part I read its showing Kirito with lost memories or something of the sort.

Same thing. Please don't double post. Thanks.

QUOTE (Fdraven @ Sep 20 2014, 08:12 PM) I am seeing SAO 11 called Alicization turning. Is this another Arc to come? Seems I cant find the full novel, only pieces of it are avail atm. Guess that just means I get surprised every week lol, but nothing bad bout that either. Anyways in this SAO 11 from part I read its showing Kirito with lost memories or something of the sort.
The flow chart!

Aincrad books 1 & 2 -> Alfheim Online books 1 & 2 (books 3 and 4) -> Phantom Bullet books 1 & 2 (books 5 and 6) -> Mother's Rosario (book 7) -> Early then Later (8) -> Alicization Arc. (books 9 through current)

Unrelated: Sword Art Online Progressive books 1 and 2. (Aincrad rewritten, contiguous floors 1~3)

As a reader warning, the anime flows a little differently, taking the original books and chapter 1 of SAO Progressive and stitching them together in chronological order, causing it to look like:

Aincrad book 1 chapters 2, 3 -> SAO Progressive Ch 1 -> Aincrad book 2 chapter 1 -> Earlier then Later: A murder case in the area chapter -> Rest of Aincrad book 2 -> Rest of Aincrad book 1.

Amazon link for Vol 1: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0316371246/ref=cm...p_XPJhub0HCW4YC

In a strange, surreal fluke mostly related to the original scanlators being driven to quit by needy SAO fanboys, it looks like Yen Press is going to beat the scanlation crowd to releasing SAO Progressive book 1 in English. (Last I understood it's the next SAO book they're releasing, this could be wrong.)

Shino kneeled down and blankly stared at the high-pressure
syringe that rolled onto the floor—she should call it the real «Death
Gun». A few seconds later, she finally spoke up,
“Anyway…thanks for coming over to help…”
Kirito smiled like usual and then shook his head.
“Don’t worry…I didn’t really help much…and I was nearly late, so,
sorry. Because Kiku…my associate didn’t really understand my
explanation…are you alright?”
Shino nodded her head.
At this moment, a fluid flowed out from her eyes.
“Eh…that’s strange…”
Even though her mind was blank and couldn’t think, the tears that
flowed down the face continued to land on the floor.

Well I finished reading SAO 11 Alicization turning and found it interesting. Seems it takes place not too long after GGO as GGO was mentioned thru out the book. It will be interesting to see where this anime is heading. I didn't know that the same guy writing SAO also did Accel World which I liked as well. Hope there are more episodes of that as well in the future.

Well, those 2 arcs are smaller than the GGO arc.

On my books, GGO arc was around 560 pages.
Calibur is about 100 pages, it should fit in 2 episodes I guess, perhaps more depending on how they adapt it (they cut out the introduction part which was in Fairy Dance (ALO arc))
Mother Rosario is about 230 pages.

QUOTE (daedalron @ Oct 11 2014, 04:39 PM)Well, those 2 arcs are smaller than the GGO arc.

On my books, GGO arc was around 560 pages.
Calibur is about 100 pages, it should fit in 2 episodes I guess, perhaps more depending on how they adapt it (they cut out the introduction part which was in Fairy Dance (ALO arc))
Mother Rosario is about 230 pages.
I am hoping that things wont end at epy25 and they will be more elaborate with things.

QUOTE (Fdraven @ Sep 23 2014, 06:57 PM)Well I finished reading SAO 11 Alicization turning and found it interesting. Seems it takes place not too long after GGO as GGO was mentioned thru out the book. It will be interesting to see where this anime is heading.
QUOTE (Norren @ Sep 21 2014, 12:51 AM)Aincrad books 1 & 2 -> Alfheim Online books 1 & 2 (books 3 and 4) -> Phantom Bullet books 1 & 2 (books 5 and 6) -> Mother's Rosario (book 7) -> Early then Later (8) -> Alicization Arc. (books 9 through current)recently S2 ended do you think they'll do again a new year special, about Early & Late before animating S3 Alicization?... i ask because Tsukimonogatari will be before airing final season, like they did with Nekomonogatari 'Kuro' before S2
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Dec 22 2014, 08:00 PM)recently S2 ended do you think they'll do again a new year special, about Early & Late before animating S3 Alicization?... i ask because Tsukimonogatari will be before airing final season, like they did with Nekomonogatari 'Kuro' before S2
tongue.gif

Think they already did Early then Late. That was A Murder Case in the Area (Eps 4 and 5?) and Caliber SS. There was also a little short in it called "First Day" that got skipped, which would have been a really nice lead in to episode 2.

That said, Alicization has the material to span a few seasons. We're 4 or 5 books into it and it's still going strong. I kind of hope they do a Special to lead into it that ends with the cliffhanger first chapter of Alicization:

Alicization opens with Johnny Black killing Kirito IRL, and it goes from there into him waking up in something that may or may not be the afterlife.

QUOTE (Norren @ Dec 23 2014, 12:49 AM)Alicization has the material to span a few seasons. We're 4 or 5 books into it and it's still going strong. I kind of hope they do a Special to lead into it that ends with the cliffhangerWould be great if this happens next year in the upcoming movie, but I'm not so sure reading it's brand new story'... maybe along its release will confirm S3 (EE did with s2), lately some films and ongoing series do that like Kizumonogatari
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back