the yaoi thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I just saw the two first episodes of Gravitation and well it seems to be the best shounen-Ai I`ve ever seen.
The characters are more believable and even though there is comedy , it`s not reaching the ridiculous...Chisai hana you were right about it.

I'd say they're fairly believable
laugh.gif
Shu's a bit insane sometimes (not to mention Ryu!) But over-the-top comedy aside, it does do a fairly good job of being 'real'. No one is better than Tatsuha though (such a fanboy!)

And I love that RightStuf released it
happy.gif

If you're looking for a historic/angsty yaoi drama, try Mirage of Blaze next. The Kagetora/Naoe relationship is quite destructive, but the series really needs to be subtitled "400 years of sexual tension"
laugh.gif

hold on with the names! I`m not familiar with them just yet!
I like the badass writer a lot but I think the singer is going to have difficult time with him.
I need to see more and comment as suited!

About <Mirage of blaze>, your sugestion came right on time b/c I was wondering what to download next...
I never heard about it, is it easy to find? I like the fact that combines shounen ai and historic!
Thanks again, Tashikata!

Sorry
tongue.gif
You'll barely see Tatsuha (he's Yuki's younger brother) but reading the manga made him my favourite character
happy.gif

The "badass writer" (aka Yuki), is so angsty and difficult ... If you had to read one volume of the manga, I'd say pick six
laugh.gif
It's the "YOU BETTER TAKE YOUR BOYFRIEND ON A DATE OR ELSE!" volume
biggrin.gif

Mirage isn't that well known. It was released a few years ago state-side, but it confuses a lot of people. It's based on a 40 volume novel series, with the 13-episode series covering the first five novels, I believe, and the OVA covering novel 10. Basically, a ton of samurai warlords are all reincarnated and continue this battle from 400 years ago, and it's the job of the Uesugi to send their souls to rest. The story picks up with a boy named Takaya, who is about to find out he's the reincarnation of Kagetora, the leader of the Uesugi. Because of vaguely explained events something that happened 30 years ago with his lover Naoe, Kagetora has forced himself to forget everything that's happened in the past 400 years.

Naoe shows up, confuses the hell out of poor Takaya/Kagetora, and angst abounds while they run around battling evil spirits
cool.gif
I personally like the OVA better (the art, music and story are better and Kagetora has regained enough memory to bite back) but it won't make sense if you haven't watched the series. I consumed all of Mirage last week myself, and it has eaten my very soul.

If you're looking for anything related to shounen ai/yaoi, aarin fantasy is the only thing you need
wink.gif

I read the summary of blaze on anidb but yours is way better!
biggrin.gif

I saw that there are 3 fansub clubs covering it but can`t find the torrents nowhere! Any ideas?
sad.gif

About Tatsuha, I saw him but didn`t leave me any great impression, maybe he is better in the manga.
I`ll drop by the store I purchase my manga the following week and see if they have any issues of Gravitation.

By the way have you read one manga called <Okane ga nai>?
I read the summary and it sounded interesting.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Jul 2 2006, 12:47 PM)If you're looking for anything related to shounen ai/yaoi, aarin fantasy is the only thing you need
wink.gif

I've read Okane ga Nai ... something like four volumes I think (wherever the scanlators stopped last). It's more sex-oriented than most series I like, but I love the uke
happy.gif

At last I`ve been able to find them! Thanx for the tip
The only problem now it`s to get them moving. The files seem dead.I hope this will change soon
tongue.gif

Aarin fantasy has very good info. The drawing on Blaze looks really good and mature...
About okane, the story looked interesting but I `m not sure if it`s suited to be an anime series. But then again you can`t be sure for anything

Okane would be a really ... interesting anime
blink.gif
I it works as a manga. If you don't like wimpy!girly!ukes though, it won't be your cup of tea.

I love that Mirage's men look like men. There's also a blurred line between the seme/uke roles with Naoe and Takaya/Kagetora, especially as things progress.

There is at least one working link of all the Mirage eps ... start at the end and work you're way back through the thread. I think most of them are FileFactory ones. Like I said, I just got them all last week
wink.gif

Which do you prefer: watching a boys love series, or reading it? I find I tend to prefer manga when it comes to my yaoi. Except Loveless, because what is Ritsuka without that voice?
wub.gif

Okane if you say the uke is too girly I`d say no thanks, But I guess they mostly are! even on Gravitation sometimes the boy was getting on my nerves with his behaviour.
I was wondering and maybe you should know, are all the shounen Ai with chibi characters? I mean till now it was puri puri, sukisyo, Gravitation and Yami no matsuei...
It looks a little weird because most of them have very dark stories behind them:(

About mirage I saw some pictures and liked it, I`m a little superficial when it comes to the drawings, If I don`t like them I can`t watch the series as good as they may be
tongue.gif

About the mangas I do like to read them but not on my p/c. I buy some but the truth is I usually drop them either b/c they are expensive or b/c they are making like 3 months to bring them.
Loveless I`m still wondering why the heck I loved it! If I sit down and judge it objectively I would say that the story is stupid at least. But then there is Soubi saying I love you and I forget it all (have i mentioned ,I`m superficial?)

I saw all episodes of gravitation Yesterday night and I really liked it. I also found out that most of the voice actors are my favorites especially K (he was my fav after Yuki ) actually they are Furuba`s Hatori and Shigure
biggrin.gif
While the boy was Kyo...

Don't worry, I think all 'yaoi fangirls' are superficial, shallow, whatever you want to call it
tongue.gif
I read most of my manga online to determine whether I want to buy it or not, and I only will buy stuff if I love the art, otherwise ... I'd be broke!

Okane's uke is ... the ultimate uke. I like ukes and yet sometimes ... you just have to wonder
blink.gif

Mirage doesn't have chibis. It's too serious for that. What I love about Yami is how carefree Tsuzuki is, and yet he's got a century worth of angst lurking behind all the childish antics. Hisoka's voice actor did one of the band members in Gravitation (the keyboardist ... who's name escapes me right now). I don't really like Yami's anime, but the manga seems to be wandering right now ... Viz has almost caught up to the Japanese releases, so I'll keep buying it (plus the story is focused on Hisoka right now) but the earlier volumes were a lot better, personally.

Loveless is pretty. Loveless is fanservice. Loveless can get away with not having an ending, because it distracts us with an adorable Soubi/Ritsuka scene
happy.gif

biggrin.gif

Ha, ha You`re great !
your comments on loveless are priceless! And they hit the target exactly...

I read Yami `s first volume and I didn`t like it very much, the mangaka seemed a little confused about his heroes and so I dropped it. But still I loved Tsuzuki`s character. when later I saw the anime, I liked it better and it even became a favorite. Also I consider Muraki one of the greatest villains ever! And believe me I`m very thourough with my list
tongue.gif

I seem to have a preference to the seme, myself, they always are dark and very manly and wicked...(having stars in my eyes right now)

I like the second/third volume of Yami ... whichever one had the story where Tsuzuki is taken over by the demon stalking the violin. The dark beauty of that story just cannot be captured in the anime. I wish we got to see Hijiri again.

Muraki is certainly one of the better villans, but man is he messed up
blink.gif
I hope Hisoka defeats him one day!

I love cute characters, therefore I love the uke-type
biggrin.gif

Devil`s violin was also the best story in the anime. Tsuzuki being the bad guy and the black feathers,wow it was great! I found Hijiri cooler than Hisoka, he has an attitude!

Muraki is the uber villain, ofcourse his mind is f*ed up but hey he is the mad genious, he supposed to be that way.

about gravitation I`ve been meaning to ask, what is Toma`s role in it? at first he seemed the good guy type but then he seemed to be a darker type! maybe in the manga his character is better drawn...

Wow... why not just turn this whole thread into the general yaoi/shounen ai thread??
smile.gif

since Gravitation only had 13 episodes and an OVA and you two have discussed so much other titles already....

Noshi don`t be a fun spoiler!
We are still discussing Gravitation and compare it with other s of the same genre...
biggrin.gif

I wasn't fun spoiling... I'm enjoying your posts as much as you do..
It was just a suggestion to make a general shounen ai/yaoi thread of this one....

Not a bad idea! Not for the moment though!

I really want to discuss about gravitation, since I just saw it last night and I have some more questions !
unsure.gif

I agree, we should get a mod to rename this "the yaoi thread" or something ... I'd been thinking of making an all-purpose thread for a while, but why not use this one?

Tohma ... I'm not really sure. It only seems to get more confusing in the manga. First he wants them together, then he doesn't, but whatever he's thinking, he's always looking out for Yuki. I think he's just an over-protective older-brother type figure. He treats Yuki like an adorable little brother, wanting to bathe with him and always thinking about his happiness
biggrin.gif

Anyone up for a game of "favourite non-canon pairings". Gravitation is so messed up like that, with the mangaka making her own doujinshi
rolleyes.gif

IF this thread is going to be change into the general yaoi/shounen-ai thread, then I'm willing to blend in the conversation
biggrin.gif

I haven't seen much of it though, only gravitation, yami no matsuei, princess princess and I can remember the 2nd OVA of ai no kusabi o_O....
I'm not a real fan of this genre, mostly I like it because of the drawing arts, since the drawers/mangaka can make those guys so beatiful
smile.gif
and because of other things I like in anime in general too.

Chiisai, could you explain that game of "favourite non-canon pairings" a bit?
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back