To Aru Majutsu no Index III

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
So this was season 2 of Index. It was indeed better than the first season with more story to boot. Index wasn't as useless as before and the other characters were fun to watch (i can't seem to forget that Komoe-sensei who chases Stiyl
laugh.gif
He really was fun when he said that he had trouble with losing her). Sometimes the story did seem to drag along though which does hurt the overall impression..
Still in all a good second season and better than the first one 8 out of 10 for me.

I'm also giving it an 8/10. I think this is one of those rare sequels that actually manage to be better than the first installment. It was action packed and always kept me interested, which can be a challenge with some shows
tongue.gif
Looks like the third season might be even better, with an upcoming war which will probably have lots of cool action scenes and plot developments.
Best of all we got to see what happened to Last Order at the end, I was wondering if we would see her at all....
tongue.gif
and it ended with the usual scene of Index biting Touma's head and him saying his trademark line: "Such misfortune!"
tongue.gif
Poor guy.

Seems like Im the only one who thinks that season 1 was better. The pacing in this on was planly awful, the storys were except for the Orsola, Daihaseisai arc and the Vento arc uninteresting and useless. And even in these arcs there was so much useless stuff.

Only really good points where the addition of some characters (Seiri, Orianna, Laura & Misuzu) and that the overall plot is very interesting.

Overall it was a nice season but I didnt enjoy it the whole time. Season 1 was better and Railgun is just worlds above.
7/10 from me (Season 1 was 8/10)

Oh yeah and just why did they add that russion girl in on of the eps? She played no role at all oO

My Russian girl do you mean Sasha? Well pretty much she was in the Angel Fall story arc last season, and since they were focused on showing off the nuns from the Chatolic Curch and whatnot this season they might of wanted to include her since she probably will show up in the third season, I'll bet.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 05 2011, 09:58 AM) My Russian girl do you mean Sasha? Well pretty much she was in the Angel Fall story arc last season, and since they were focused on showing off the nuns from the Chatolic Curch and whatnot this season they might of wanted to include her since she probably will show up in the third season, I'll bet.
Or its because Sasha was an awesome character and us fans wanted at least some screen time of Sasha
tongue.gif

Ok Kit I'll give you that one... for now.
tongue.gif

Besides when they showed her for a short time we see how utterly physically powerful she is, along with her partner who somehow likes getting hit with her crowbar at times. Heck she even mentioned as to why she was wearing that special bondage-like outfit as well.

In any case I hope Shasha does show up in the third season mind you.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 05 2011, 08:49 PM) In any case I hope Shasha does show up in the third season mind you.
Well from what I've heard, the second season ends half way through volume 13 of the light novel. There are currently 22 volumes available, which, if you ask me, is more than enough to be animating a third season right now. Maybe this is why many people were disappointed? Still a sluggish plot development and a lot of source material to work with?

But isn't that good story telling if they have a lot to work with and a chance to do character development in the process? In any case the problem with this is that there are a whole lot of characters that have been introduced or will be introduced that would make the character charts of other series look insignificant by comparasion though.

Anyways I'm still looking forward to the third season, but I'm sure we'll have to wait after Shanna season 3, and of course Railgun season 2. Although wasn't this studio known to do Louise? I mean her series is long overdue for another season mind you.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 06 2011, 09:32 PM) In any case the problem with this is that there are a whole lot of characters that have been introduced or will be introduced that would make the character charts of other series look insignificant by comparasion though.
There are a crapton of characters. Actually one of the things I like most about the series is that it has so many characters, and so many of them are interesting.

Speaking of character charts though, there's a massive, and spoiler-iffic one here:

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters

Any info on when the third season comes out?

I just rewatched the first and second season. It's as awesome as I remember it was.

Someone really needs to make a .gif of touma punching all the different girls in both seasons, with a message like "Living The Life" at the end.

Just found out that the original light novels have ended for To Aru Majutsu no Index....how much light novel material did the anime use or is it taking a different twist to the tale ?

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 29 2011, 10:38 PM) Just found out that the original light novels have ended for To Aru Majutsu no Index....how much light novel material did the anime use or is it taking a different twist to the tale ?
Season 2 covers up to novel 13 of 24. The remaining of the novels cover the Third World War. The sequel: To Aru Majutsu no Index: New Testament recently began to be published and is a direct sequel to the events of 24th novel.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 30 2011, 06:13 AM) Season 2 covers up to novel 13 of 24. The remaining of the novels cover the Third World War. The sequel: To Aru Majutsu no Index: New Testament recently began to be published and is a direct sequel to the events of 24th novel.
Thats good news, so it seems a 3rd season a little more likely than I thought before.
rolleyes.gif

How closely is the anime to the novels?

I been itching to read the manga, but it's kinda behind.

QUOTE (Repede @ Jun 01 2011, 03:32 PM) How closely is the anime to the novels?

I been itching to read the manga, but it's kinda behind.
It's pretty faithful. A few additional bits here and there, but overall pretty close. See my last post.

I watched the entire 2nd season over the weekend whilst introducing a few of my friends to Bakemonogatari as well as playing a lot of Halo Reach.

The 2nd season was decent but as I was watching it, I just felt like this is really really boring, it felt too similar to many other animes. The 2nd season to me didn't really accomplish anything in my eyes, it was slow and had incredibly cheesy lines throughout the series. Especially Touma's so called speeches and I hated the fact that Index would sometimes just bite Touma for the smallest of disagreements. Vento was awesome but her reason for hating "Science" was really shit.

This series and particularly the 2nd season had a lot of cool characters but they weren't given enough air-time or even fleshed out this season.

I really can't give this season of the series much praise, it was disappointing for many reasons but it wasn't horrible. I think I only listened to one of the OPs fully but I skipped them all the time because I didn't think they were any good.

Touma puches too many girls, actually too many male characters punch the crap out of the grils and women in this series. I think the author has some sort of fetish.
dry.gif

My overall opinion was that the 2nd season, "weak, disappointing but cool characters". I give the 2nd season a 6/10, I gave both the 1st season and the Railgun series a 8/10.

However, despite all this disappointment remains hope that a possible 3rd season could make a knock-out victory from what I have read, the story really heats up in the light novel from this point onwards.
biggrin.gif

Because season 3 has already started I might as well bring this back up to the top of things. So pretty much we are now going into the WWIII story arc it would seem for this season, and not only that but how things that don't involved Touma directly is causing a major impact in Academy City and the two Church factions as well.

So we are coming to an end to the WWIII arc, and apparently Accelerator is getting his own spin-off series, as well as Misaka getting her 3rd season too.

Spin off after spin off... so the story will never end... as planned... milk it to death and beyond.... I barely remember the story line... 2012 S2? JCDranzer said? Wow, has it been that long for the manga to put out enough chapters? or where he/she too busy doing all the spinoffs? I never watched that spinoff of the girls.... wasn't it just a redo of the same storyline from this one that they were in? Same spinoff idea with that other long dead storyline of Haruto... spun off with the last movie... another Naruto in the making they hope? If so, they have to put out more product, just get more writers on staff to crank it out.... that's how it's done... it's all about the money, right? ;)

Is S3 any good? I remember liking this show... though SSCDanzer was right.... it started to drift.... and setting up that spinoff proved it... and now they're thinking of another? I don't even remember who 'Accelerator' was/is.... some dude eh? Wow.... 2012 was S2.... no wonder.

Is it any good? if so, I'll have to go back and check out the previous S1/S2... .to remember it well enough.... or not. :lol:

Understandable, but the complains usually end up being there's too much Touma to there's not enough Touma at all. Also, it basically does kind of a Civil War of Academy City with the underground groups of sorts before the WWIII story kicks off. Also, it shows that Hamazura is another Level 0 to actually pay attention too as well.

Also, yes 7 years can really throw someone off of what has happened so far too. I'm honestly not sure as to why it was held off in the first place for that long though, it's sort of reminding me when they did this with the Shanna series and the Louise series too.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back