Touhou Project

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE ^ Nope, that was an April fool's. Here's the reason: http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13400Oh I know this topic^^, hmm but was it really so? I have the whole story a bit different in backflash since the main site was still open until christmas last year and then it was brought up with legal issues and not on first april (and there was always financial trouble there and the final push was that with the legal issues). Ah but never mind it doesn't matter anyway it's already so long ago maybe I or you mix up something
tongue.gif

QUOTE In any case I have to ask the obvious question that may have been asked before. How did this get to be so popular after the years this project has been out? blink.gif

QUOTE Don't know about the site, but the game pretty much kicked ass. Got a well established fandom in Japan [I think in the Comiket/similar events], next thing you know they're recommending it or some gaijin weeaboo comes across it and spreads the word.

Also MADs. Yeah it has a huge fandom in Japan, just to say a number on gelbooru the touhou tag has over 84 000 images, whereas the loli tag only has about 20000 or 25 000 images, Lucky Star for instance not even scratches the 10 000 mark.

I think the main reason for this are not the games itself but the cast of characters, I mean who can resist waki waki miko Reimu
biggrin.gif

Ah yeah btw to those who have already played Touhou a bit, whats your favourite game (of the normal danmaku ones) ? My favourite is Subterrean Animism, the atmosphere is great, so is the cast of characters and the final battle with Utsuho is just awesome, lol birdbrained but huuuge power.

I can only barely remember some. Imperishable Night or something like that. Looking for SWR right now. I dl'ed it a while back but it got stuffed somewhere in my external HD due to work and all that jazz. I'll play it after I'm done with Age of Wonders.

Well I have all the games and my personal favorite is PCB (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
smile.gif

Got to say this but in that new 超弩級ギニョルの謎を追え (Touhou Hisoutensoku) Utsuho is murder
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 09 2009, 06:28 PM)Ah I was actually going back and talking about the game there.

In any case so pretty much this started in Comeket and worked it's way out into the other parts of the anime community that way. Well like all things they do have hummble begginings in the first place.
Yeah and every year they release ton of remixes of the game BGMs
biggrin.gif

QUOTE Well I have all the games and my personal favorite is PCB (Perfect Cherry Blossom) smile.gifOh yeah I also really liked PCB, I don't know but I really like the third stage with Alice^^

QUOTE Got to say this but in that new 超弩級ギニョルの謎を追え (Touhou Hisoutensoku) Utsuho is murder ohmy.gif biggrin.gifI only played once against her in UNL and she pretty much raped me with Sanae
tongue.gif

QUOTE Yeah and every year they release ton of remixes of the game BGMs biggrin.gifDon't forget the tons of doujin games, just at the last Comiket with Mystical Chain and Koumajou two great games were released :3

Okay started with SWR now. Art was good, so was the music although not many were as memorable as the BGMs from the other curtain fire games. Now, can someone please explain to me the moves? Also, in the final level, do i only have one life?

As for SWR I think it is weaker than Iamp, Iamp was just genial and in my eyes one of the best fighting games ever but SWR...it is good but not as good as Iamp same goes for UNL. Though the only advanate of SWR and UNL in cotrast to Iamp is that it has more characters, it was even rumored that it was originally planned that Nitori and kaguya shold be playable Charas in UNL but due to time issues they were not included >________<

Haha it seems that I keep pressing the "quit" button when I die in the final round.

I reckon these two games are what a megaman fighting game would look and feel like.

BTW, Reimu is OP.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Oct 29 2009, 12:43 AM) Watch, enjoy, rinse, repeat.

Totally awesome PV for the song Bad Apple from Touhou.
DAMN YOU!!!!!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
mad.gif
tongue.gif

I was just about to post the yt vid for this. =P

Well here's a 5 minutes 20 second of Bad Apple's awesome BGM: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcWhfeIa9Uc

I was too busy making one of those WP posts about this vid.
tongue.gif

You know the funniest thing about your post....is that its set in the future, whereas mine was posted 1 hour 34 minutes before urs DC. YOU CHEATED TIME!! =P OR IS IT that I can go back through time ????

Hook me up with an mp3 of this.

-EDITED-

So you use the same username in YT.

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 29 2009, 11:34 AM) Hook me up with an mp3 of this.

-EDITED-

So you use the same username in YT.
Who me or DC ?

I have several YT accounts, one's called "jcdranzer" and another "jcdranzer25". Mainly because there's limit to how many favourites you can have back in the old day but I think its slightly changed now and a lot of my favs have been removed.
sad.gif

Meh, I realized that the vid's a PV [sorry for being blind] so I guess we won't be getting good rips of the song just yet.

It's not that hard to rip the audio from the video - just use the SUPER &reg; free video encoder.

Khael, I found the link to the mp3....so dl it and then stick into ur ipod or mp3 player. LOL

Here's the link: -

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?v5dyqtmermo

Thanks to BlazingAngel22 and if you check through it, there will be a link to his archive of where he's uploaded about 50 to 100 Hatsune Miku-related music.
biggrin.gif

Anyways DC, I posted it b4 u on sugoi. =P
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

That song along gives a good reason why Touhou is fun to play and watch now. Now if only I can be able to get around to playing one of the games as of late I'll be all set. Besides I really want something to pass the time anyways.
tongue.gif

lol, JCD, it isn't a contest to see who can post it to the most sites in the shortest amount of time...Just thought it would be cool to share with the people here...sorry for 'stealing your thunder'...

QUOTE (JCDRANZER)You know the funniest thing about your post....is that its set in the future, whereas mine was posted 1 hour 34 minutes before urs DC. YOU CHEATED TIME!! =P OR IS IT that I can go back through time ???? Well I obviously have time travel capabilities. It's really not too difficult, just need a time flux capacitor and some other junk you can find laying around your house (with a few oddities here and there). That said, my post was made the day before yours in the evening, whilst yours was made the day after in the morning - approximately 11 hours after mine. So yeah, time travel was unnecessary to defeat you. BWAHAHAHAHA!

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Oct 29 2009, 09:05 PM) Well I obviously have time travel capabilities. It's really not too difficult, just need a time flux capacitor and some other junk you can find laying around your house (with a few oddities here and there). That said, my post was made the day before yours in the evening, whilst yours was made the day after in the morning - approximately 11 hours after mine. So yeah, time travel was unnecessary to defeat you. BWAHAHAHAHA!
LOL.....but seriously it just says u posted "after" me. Anyways, who cares(as if........**holds a GRUDGE**) but the actual song being used for the video is OLD and was used for a Tohou MAD vid but this rendition is like million times better.....gotta love the shadowplay in this one.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I agree. I've seen the original MAD, but it doesn't even compare. Putting aside the fact that the artwork in the original wasn't very good, the effects from the shadowplay is just amazing and something that can't be replicated any other way.
If you watch the two side by side, you can tell that this version borrows elements from the MAD, but adjusts many things (to the better) by using effects that the shadowplay allows for - such as morphing shapes and the like.
I really like this one and have watched it several times over already.

I swear this song is rather catchy and adicting. Although it's a shame they used the short version for the shadow play for the series if you ask me.

In any case I'm supprised that you two would take which one is better to this degree.
laugh.gif
Well anyways I congradulate the both of you for such a find.
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back