Unknown Audio File Type

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiisai_hana

-nipah!
Retired
So I downloaded this torrent of a RoundTable CD and can't figure out how to get it playing. I'm assuming it's something like a .tta file but I can't figure out what I need to play it.

The download came with the following files:

CDImage.cue
CDImage.wv
CDImage.wvc
CDImage_tag.cue
CDImage_wv.cue

Anyone know which file does what, and how to get them working? (The media player I use is winamp)

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Aug 30 2006, 11:55 AM) CDImage.cue
CDImage.wv
CDImage.wvc
CDImage_tag.cue
CDImage_wv.cue
Those are CD images. You need to burn them to a CD or uncompress them before use.

Try deamon tools to acces the files in the image

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Aug 30 2006, 06:14 PM) Okay ... so burn them like a regular CD and it'll play on my computer/stereo? And for Daemon how exactly do I mount it? (Since there are multiple files ... I've only used it a few times, and for single files only)
I would say there are multiple disks in there. But I only noticed the .cue files before. I am not sure what the .wvc and .wv files are.

As for burning, make sure you don't burn the actual image files. You want to burn the content of the image. Most burning programs have an option for "burn image to disk". You need to use that.

Nothing seems to recognize the .wvc or .wv files, and burning programs won't load the .cue files. Apparently they "don't exist".

The torrent said "one disc", and it seems like none of these files work on their own.

If we go by this then I need to download something called WvUnpack or get the related plugin for winamp?

edit: got the plugin, still not working ... can't get any of the wavpack stuff to install/work ... does anyone have an mp3 version of this cd?
wacko.gif

If you want them as mp3, you can first convert the .wv to .wav with Ease Audio Converter (free trial available). Then use CUE splitter (freeware) to split the .wav file into .wav for each song (you need to modify the .cue file with notepad to point to the correct file). Then just convert these files to .mp3.

selkirk, have you ever had the problem of the file not adding itself to the program? Because I've got it, and it shows up when I open the "add" option ... and then when I click for it to be added, nothing shows up in the program and it says "done".

(But it looks like your method will work, if only the .wv file would add!)

hmm.. have to tried getting some feedback from the group that was hosting it? maybe they have details on how to get it to work...

on the other hand, i think i'll see if i can simulate it... you got a DDL link of any sort?

i'm downloading it via torrent right now.. but it might take awhile. in the meantime, screw around with it a bit... maybe try using daemon in various ways.

EDIT: hey i checked out their site to grab some info... they mention something about an APE program.... i've used the ape program before, and it got useful to convert some of the cues into usable files... hmm... i'll get some more info about it soon.

The problem I'm having with Daemon is that it won't mount any of the files. It tells me it can't access the images. And I'm not really that familiar with the program, so I don't know what else to do with it ....

(ape is another type of lossless right? I think I had one of those files before, and it converted a lot better than this one ...)

yes ape is another lossless, but it had another file with it... for this one there's multiple files... for typical ape files, there's the ape file which is a whole file, not multiple files, a cue file and another file i don't remember it's extension that splits the files.

hmm... i'm gonna go research this for ya if i have to.

The multiple file thing is what seems to always end up being the problem, especially since I'm not sure what file does what (although I'm assuming by selkirk's post that the .wv file contains the actual music?)

I knew this site was the right place to bring my tech problems
biggrin.gif

well, we are kind of "students" from time to time... lol.. that's why researching's at our grasp.

anyways, i think that wavpack/wavunpack's your current ideal solution. from google-ing, every link connecting wih .wvc/.wv keeps leading me to wavpack.

I'm not sure exactly why it has to be that specific program, but give it a try again. the functions looks complicated though.... however its concept is the same as the ape program (convert, split, and archive each file). so give a wack at it.

I've tried wavpack again and it's giving me the same problem ... I can't get it to install. A black screen flashes and then nothing, whenever I click the .exe files. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's just being difficult
dry.gif

edit: also, I've downloaded the wavpack plugin for winamp, but it still won't open the .wv file.

if u can't get it to install, why don't u try scanning ur computer for viruses or spyware or any of that other stuff? apparrently since a black screen flashes when u try to execute the installation file, something might be infecting ur computer. i definetely don't know if this is the case though.

yeah... i'm having the same type of problem... hmm....

Tomorrow I will try to research some more programs capable of using .wv files, and eventually converting them into multiple files.

If possible, if you have any IM programs, please try to message me (info is in my profile), or download teamspeak and message me through that. i will be on from 5PM to 11 PM (GMT -8) (due to school) and maybe we can discuss this further.

Ah, you need to remove the chinese characters from the folder name before it can be added into Ease Audio Converter. I converted mine using the method I outlined, so I'm sure it works. I'll check this topic again, so let me know if you still need any help.

Sorry for the double post, finally registered an account after lurking for about a year
wink.gif
. If a mod could merge these two posts, it'd be much appreciated.

The wavpack file you downloaded is never gonna install, since it's not an installer; it's a command line only program. You need to run the command prompt in Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt. If you've never used DOS before, I'd recommend not trying it
wink.gif

The .wv file contains all the music. The various .cue files just show different levels of information for the tracks, such as Start/stop time, name, performer, etc... you only really need one of them. Cue files can be opened and modified with notepad. No idea what the .wvc does, but it's probably just the music again in another format.

Other good programs I use for converting are Monkey's Audio for .ape, Tau Producer for .tta. CUE Splitter v0.6 is probably the best and easiest freeware .cue splitters I know of.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: POSTS MERGED

Success! Eliminating the kanji allowed for it to go into the coverter and now I have a 54minute track that actually plays
laugh.gif
Next step, breaking it down into songs.

And again, success! I actually didn't have to do any notepad stuff, it seems to have all divided fine. Now to convert them to mp3 so my mp3 player will load them
cool.gif

Thank you bold, hamasusuke and selkirk for all the help!

Since the issue is solved I'm going to close this thread. If you have anything to add, feel free to open it again or send me a PM. And again, a huge thank you
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back