[UTSF] Translator hunting and other people

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

CXu

Kouhai
I saw this forum when I googled around and thought i'd give it a try.

Short summary of meaningless babble you'd better off not knowing:
Un-Tan Subbing Force, or UTSF for short is a fansubgroup that's actually not been around for that long. The group originally started as a subgroup for a major streaming site named AnimeCrazy, though due to their anti-ecchi policy we had to break out from them (One Piece was entering the Amazon Lily arc). This is pretty much how UTSF was born. As UTSF we've removed some insanely irritating stuff (like that link in the top-right corner) and we're working on moving the quality even higher than before.

/end babble

So here's what you should read if you want to help out:
Right now we're looking into picking up one of the fall anime's coming. I'm just putting this clearly: Please no Fairy Tale or InuYasha. They'll most likely get oversubbed. What I have my eyes on are 11eyes or Kimi ni Todoke. So for one of these (or something else) we'd like to recruit the following:

Translators - Preferably Japanese --> English translators, but Chinese ---> English or similar can be good to have. You don't need to have any past experiences in fansub, or fluency in English, as long as it's understandable. We can get TL checks and Editors to fix the script to top notch quality.
TL Check - Good understanding in English and decent to good understanding in Japanese is preferred.
Timers - Boring job~~
Editors - Must have a good understanding in English and English grammar.
QC - Have good eyes for details so you can look for mistakes.
And just about any help is appreciated.
The main goal is to get atleast one translator, so help me out on that
rolleyes.gif

If you're interested in one of these positions (or more) you can contact me on [email protected] or fdein at [email protected], drop by our irc at #Un-Tan @ irc.rizon.net or visit our website at utsf.wordpress.com and forum at un-tan.roflforum.net/

~CXu

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back