What makes you you?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Gustav1976

-sama
Retired
We all know we're individuals and that we are all unqiue but have you ever had a hard think about what it is that actually makes you seperate from everybody else, or for that matter like other people.

For me I think it's probably the fact that not only am I almost a walking contradiction (I don't like the fact thatI'm anice guy for instance, and that I like individuals but dont like people) but also that I am and probably will always be my worst enemy.
God will never need to judge me because I beat him to it
tongue.gif
I am my harshest critic so much so that in the past I've had to seek counselling just to get me to ease up on myself. Also I am fairly intelligent and can quite happily acknowledge that I need help with something but even when I acknowledge it I don't like to accept the help offered.

A big part of my personality comes from the fact that I have experience of two cultures. I have lived in England in since 1991 but make regular visits to Sudan as that's where my parents are from.

I probably spend more time contemplating what is going on in the minds of others than anyone else alive. Let me elaborate on that a bit. Not only do I attempt to determine what those around me are thinking/feeling, I also attempt to rationalize/conceptualize what the entire world populous is thinking/doing/experiencing/etc. at any given moment in time. No, I don't do it constantly, but usually a few hours a week, I spend in unfathomably deep contemplation.

I guess i can be funny at times but my humor is usually at someone elses expense even though i dont say it but sometimes i feel kind of bad. Hmmmmmm...... i love electronics and games. I guess that pretty much it.

My friend once called it a 'broken wing complex'. You see a bird with a broken wing, your heart hurts for it. You want to help in any way you can. I try really hard to see both sides of an argument, no matter who's doing the fighting.

-Kawa

What makes me me, is the fact that I am a nonconformist. I am not one of those people who conform to noncormity, but a true nonconformist, a person who does what they want because they want to, not because everyone else is not doing it.

It is also the fact that I have been through my share of hardship, and I'm not talking about the whole nobody understands me emo thing, but actually hardship.

I could say I have an observer-personality. I like to observe people and fit in with them. I can be a multi-personality person just to make my friends love me. It's not that I'm a fake, but I believe that my existence is for the others. And to make the others happy is one of my meanings of life.

I only show my true nature with my parents and friends who I trusted the most.

You know, I had a big thought lined up for this one but after trying to type it all out I've forgotten about it. I guess what that means is that I'm not really different than anyone else. I have most of the same thoughts and desires as most people probably do. I want to live a happy life. I want enough money to live comfortably. Other stuff like that. Maybe the fact that I know I'm not that different is what sets me apart.

Hard Question.
I guess there are many things that make me who I am. I tend to be a split pesonality type of person. I have totally different behavior depending on where I am and who Im surrounded by.
With my friends I tend to be the "smartass" in the group, IM always making jokes at the expense of my friends.
In a place like school I tend to be an extremely quiet person.
I also act differently in public places depending with who Im with, If IM with my friends we tend to cause a lot of trouble.

What makes me, me...? My personality and interests. There are people similar to me, almost definitely... but nobody is me because I act differently from everybody else, even if only a little bit at times. My liking for chocolate, my liking of anime/manga, my silliness, my fondness for Pepsi and strawberry-flavored foods... all that good stuff makes me, me.

QUOTE (kazasou @ Mar 13 2008, 07:34 AM) I could say I have an observer-personality. I like to observe people and fit in with them. I can be a multi-personality person just to make my friends love me. It's not that I'm a fake, but I believe that my existence is for the others. And to make the others happy is one of my meanings of life.

:3 yay we are alike. hehe

Except for this part...

QUOTE I only show my true nature with my parents and friends who I trusted the most.
I still haven't shown my true colours to anybody...yet
wink.gif

LUV ANDO PEECE

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back