where to purchase cosplay costume

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

sailor keiko 2

Kouhai
Does anyone here on this forum know the best recommended place(s) to purchase a custom made anime cosplay costume?

My folks think Im a bit crazy & probably wont make me one.
Besides, I dont even know how to sew/make patterns - I dont think there was a home economics course in elementary school/high schoo in the US.

I saw in one anime magazine that there are 3 how to cosplay books, but its not currently available say at amazon.com

I tried other cosplay websites for any commission - nope

I also tried forming a forum on crossplay at those cosplay websites - not friendly responses nor suggestions nor tips nor advices - ends up changing the subject

If guys can crossplay in Japan, Akiharaba with no problems like the maid cafe or attend anime conventions
why is there such a huge fuss or taboo in the US a guy crossplay as lolita or sailor moon and not just for laughs?

The only laughs is Sailor Bubba
I am a loss for words on Cardcaptor Will...

I did had a chance to go to ACEN and attended the final discussion on crossplay a while back
The only advice was wear a girl's dress for a week.

Did not mention what kind of dress, size to look for, how to put it on properly, where to purchase without being embarrassed...etc - Minami-ke Mako-chan

Also, nothing about makeup, where to purchase/commission, etiquette/behavior as a girl in costume, which washroom to use while at the convention, which best recommended underwear to wear & how to maintain girl figure in costume, security, how to get to the convention by yourself in costume & go home...etc

The only way to be treated fairly and a guy being able to dress up as an anime girl
is to go to Japan Akiharaba

of course does anyone has money - the currency exchange now - you cannot purchase say a hamburger or even candy in Japan unless you're Donald Trump

One more thing, one has to know how to speak, read & write Japanese if you're going to Akiharaba.
Unless you know how to speak British English & not American English
Also how many people in Japan can speak & understand English while you're there?

I just want to fit in the anime convention & enjoy oneself

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back