Why Is It That You Live For?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
i dont know about most people, but since im fairly young and only just entering adult hood, with my whole life ahead of me, all i can say for right now is that im truly only here to enjoy my self as long as i can.
of course this includes anime (may sound a little obvious since this is fansub.tv but its true) and also enjoying time with friends and having fun on games.

the only time i would know what i was born for, is when i would die because there is no future of that life after death therefore you can truly evaluate what your purpose was, for a living person, specifically young ones and middle aged you can never pin point the reason for your existence since there is till a future for you and sooner or later you may come across another reason to why your here.

confusing isn't it !
tongue.gif

what do i live for? i live for .....whatever comes just try to live thru it until a sunny days shows when i won't have to try no more
biggrin.gif
that's sad isn't it?

Wanna hear the sad part or happy part of why people live?

Semi-happy part: We have a purpose in life, and most of us would like to assign a certain reason to our existence. As futile as this assignment may be, it makes us feel important.

Sad part: Our purpose, as a part of the human species, is simply to propagate (have sex) and multiply the species. That is the main role for every being of any species (the spider sitting next to you, the insects outside, etc.)

Also, depending on how you look at it, these can be reversed (happy is sad, and sad is happy). Sad because our efforts are futile, and happy because our main goal in life is to have sex!

Obviously opinions differ on this subject, but otherwise it wouldn't be a good discussion point. But no single person will ever know the true meaning behind life (if any), simply because it will not be provable beyond a shadow of a doubt. So trust your opinions, and live the way you want, for the reasons best fitting you. That is all any of us can do.

I don't know what my true purpose here in life is.... I believe one can tell what their true purpose is by their personality.... My main characistics is that I am protective over the ones I love and care for... and that I always help people feel better...

I do believe my purpose in life is to protect the girl that I love... and to help as many people as I can before my passing... It can change because I am young in age compared to many adults in the world. (age of 14 soon to be 15) but I still believe that even at a young age... you are constructing and even comencing your life purpose.

I live, but I am not alive.
I want to die, but will not kill myself.
Why?
My life has been full of hatred, pain, sorrow...
No physical pain can compare.
I live... but I'm not alive.
I exist.
By that means...
I exist because I have hope that "tomorrow" will be better than today...
It hasn't been better yet, and it doesn't look to be better anytime soon.

Here's a nice little thing from an anime that has to do with the creator's look on it all.

"To yearn for the other’s heart,
To love the other’s spirit. Love.
Love is hard to express in words.
Love cannot be seen, either.
And that’s not all.
Love is sometimes painful,
And may even deepen other’s wounds.
It can even be used as a weapon
To inflict harm on others.
But we will still yearn for love.
Because that is the reason for our existence.
The pain in separation,
The joy in reunion
The connecting of hearts,
The happiness
Sadness
Anger…
In order to taste all of that,
We will yearn for love.
That’s why life exists."

Is there really a reason for us to be alive? Are we really that special?
Remember when people once thought Earth was in the middle of our solar system and everything revolves around us, turns out the sun was in the middle and we revolve around it.
Then people thought our solar system must be in the middle of our galaxy, but turns out we are near the edge, then we thought out galaxy was in the center of many galazy or we are the only galaxy, turns out there were way more galaxys out there and we are only a tiny grain of sand in the vast ocean.

QUOTE (airiko @ Jun 27 2007, 11:20 PM) Is there really a reason for us to be alive? Are we really that special?
Remember when people once thought Earth was in the middle of our solar system and everything revolves around us, turns out the sun was in the middle and we revolve around it.
Then people thought our solar system must be in the middle of our galaxy, but turns out we are near the edge, then we thought out galaxy was in the center of many galazy or we are the only galaxy, turns out there were way more galaxys out there and we are only a tiny grain of sand in the vast ocean.
I agree with that, why should we have a meaning to live? We arent special at all to have a purpose in life. Were just the result of some mysterious evolution that we do not know how it began. If you desire a reason to live, then just live, live and do all the things that make you happy. But this is a scientific answer. There can be many other reasons to live, such as to make the world a better place, to live in harmony with others, try to have the best positive impact on the world.

QUOTE (airiko @ Jun 27 2007, 10:20 PM) Is there really a reason for us to be alive? Are we really that special?
yes,airiko but shouldnt we also consider that our existence as a sentient consciousness in an intricate physicality in a universe consisting mostly of emptiness is a wonder matched only by our surroundings? so it may be suggested then that our responsibility is nothing more than to be and feel as well as possible, since by existing and experiencing we are enriching the universe.-->(sorry for the wierd language..i was just feeling...umm,wierd?)
i guess i live to live then...cuz my life is a phenomenal event itself and it should be my duty to live it as well as i can...

hahah wat do i live for.....i live for many things i guess:
1) Family
2) Friends
3) live to love = love to laugh = laugh to live

these are the 3 main things i live for though not in this order.
i also live because i was given the gift to be alive, and as long as i can keep moving, im going to keep living because i believe " everyone man dies, not every man lives "

i live for me
i live for my joy
if making others happy makes me happy i will make them happy

in the end i live for myself, and i belive every other human does too.

I believe we choose our own purpose, we weren't created to fulfill any one specific task, so live for the reasons you want to live. I keep breathing because I want to find out if something like love actually exists, or whether it is just a defect of our brain, telling us something that isn't even there, well I guess we can never know
smile.gif

Our Purpose is not yet revealed to us. it is still uncertain. maybe in the future we become a leader ? with everyone else revolve around us ? maybe just a normal worker who live, work, breed and die ? who knows ? the world is a stage, and everyone have their own part. we just need to play our role......maybe....
unsure.gif

i dont know what i live for. pretty silly isnt it? but no i really dont know what i live for. i live for my friends? my family? i dont know. i cant even answer that, but right now i seem to be living for other people. to meet other people's expectations. but i dont wish that. i wish i knew what i was living for. i wish i had a reason i wanted to live for.

QUOTE (samthebear @ Aug 09 2007, 06:43 AM) i dont know what i live for. pretty silly isnt it? but no i really dont know what i live for. i live for my friends? my family? i dont know. i cant even answer that, but right now i seem to be living for other people. to meet other people's expectations. but i dont wish that. i wish i knew what i was living for. i wish i had a reason i wanted to live for.
At least u living right ! Reading ur post and realized not many ppl know why they living but one thing I guess that everybody could say is that they living just to get through the day
dry.gif
This is one thing everyone has in common
laugh.gif

I know that currently the only thing I do is exist. I don't live for anything, anyone or even a particular goal. In fact all of those things include me.
I'm pretty sure that that's a problem. But the more I think about it, the only reason I go to work is so I can get a paycheck, see this girl I work with, and go home to play video games and/or read manga and/or watch anime. Even those things seem to have very little meaning in them. I think the only thing I look forward to is pissing off the neighbors and paying my bills to see my work go into fruitation, you know, evidence that I'm doing something.

On the other hand, I do enjoy the company of other people so whenever I've the chance, I do so. I do also know that I have an uplifting personality that I share at any given time. But if there was anything that I "live for" is that I think I'm supposed to be that "nice guy" that always helps out others in a dorky sort of way. I don't know why, but I hold the door open for girls, I always try to carry more than my share when it comes to deliveries, and I try to be curtious when possible. I think I only do those things to make it easier on others. I guess I'm trying to make a good impression on God or something by doing the right thing. Well, we'll see in a couple dozen years.

QUOTE (Byproduct @ Sep 29 2007, 06:22 AM) I know that currently the only thing I do is exist. I don't live for anything, anyone or even a particular goal. In fact all of those things include me.
I'm pretty sure that that's a problem. But the more I think about it, the only reason I go to work is so I can get a paycheck, see this girl I work with, and go home to play video games and/or read manga and/or watch anime. Even those things seem to have very little meaning in them. I think the only thing I look forward to is pissing off the neighbors and paying my bills to see my work go into fruitation, you know, evidence that I'm doing something.

On the other hand, I do enjoy the company of other people so whenever I've the chance, I do so. I do also know that I have an uplifting personality that I share at any given time. But if there was anything that I "live for" is that I think I'm supposed to be that "nice guy" that always helps out others in a dorky sort of way. I don't know why, but I hold the door open for girls, I always try to carry more than my share when it comes to deliveries, and I try to be curtious when possible. I think I only do those things to make it easier on others. I guess I'm trying to make a good impression on God or something by doing the right thing. Well, we'll see in a couple dozen years.
Heh you sound just like me, 'sept two things I couldn't care less what a deity thinks of me insted I care about people, and I don't hold doors for girls I hold them for everyone, nit picky I know but it's tricky balancing being not sexist and gentlemanly.

I like to think that the meaning of life is to travel through one's own life journey, absorb all of the experiences of the journey both good and bad, to make your life meaningful and to pursue happiness.

And on a more personal note, I think that parenting would be the most rewarding part of my life. I'm only 17 but I think that I would really enjoy bringing up kids. I don't think there is any other accomplishment that even measures close to how great that role is. All of the greatest people in history had parents.

I live for the sake of living... I have no sole purpose in life, nor a goal since it would all be pointless... You work hard then you die in the end, and all your hard work will have gone to waste... It's pointless, life... But why haven't i committed suicide? Simple, savor the flavor... I want to enjoy life, to savor as much of it as possible since i'll only live once... That way, if and when i die, i won't have any more regrets...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back