winrar

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiisai_hana

-nipah!
Retired
Since I reloaded winrar on my computer, I've been having trouble when creating zip files. Sometimes it tells me that there are "no files" in the folder I'm trying to zip, and another time I made the zip and uploaded it, only to be told after it finished that it was an empty zip file and could not be hosted.

Now, the actual things I'm zipping (jpeg or png files in folders) do not have Japanese fonts. But if Japanese is in the file-path name, could that be messing something up? Because the only time I had this happen prior to reinstalling everything, was when I was zipping Japanese music. The four files with English titles zipped, while the rest of the tracks refused to be included in the zip. However, I'm certain some of the files in no way had any relation to Japanese fonts .... so is something else wrong?

Would it be best to uninstall and reinstall winrar again?

Install your Japanese language support. Go to Control Panel --> Regional and Language Options.

Then click on the Advanced tab and change the dropdown bar to Japanese. Restart your PC and test those files with the Japanese characters in them.

Also why use winrar and compress to .zip? .rar is a lot better of compression. Or even better use 7zip and compress to .7z.

Before I do this .... what exactly does it affect? Is it going to run my whole computer with Japanese? Or does it just use Japanese as a secondary language?

I've got winrar to open up all the stuff I download, but when I share stuff, I never know if other people can open anything else. So I tend to use zip files since it's supported on most (if not all?) computers. I'm usually not sharing very large files anyway, so size isn't an issue.

the language will run as a second language, well i'm pretty sure anyway. as for using winrar to zip - since you say that you only use it to unzip stuff you download and not use it to zip to send to other people i don't quite see where your problem lies =/

Hmm. I don't think it's possible to zip something without winrar unless you have winzip or another archiving program. Winzip does the same thing as Winrar, but only does things with zip files. Try downloading Winzip and see what happens when you zip something up.

I don't have any ideas for the japanese language text support though, because I'm trying to do the same thing with the computer I reloaded two weeks ago kinda. Anyhow, if I can google the answer for you, I'll update you
smile.gif

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Jun 10 2007, 08:10 PM) Before I do this .... what exactly does it affect? Is it going to run my whole computer with Japanese? Or does it just use Japanese as a secondary language?

It'll add Japanese support for non-unicode programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back