World Trigger

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
rGfZwkY.jpg

Title: World Trigger
Genre: Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Comedy
Premier: 5th October 2014
Animation Studio: Toei Animation
Director: Hongo Mitsuru
Original Creator: Ashihara Daisuke
Official Website:

Plot:
A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth's only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!
(~from MAL~)

So wow. This show.

Toei really gave it to their D Team, huh. It's just not good looking at all. So many awkward scenes and animation (when there even is any animation and not just mouth movement and still pans). Plus plenty of weirdly long silences.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 04 2014, 10:57 PM) So wow.  This show. Toei really gave it to their D Team, huh.  It's just not good looking at all.  So many awkward scenes and animation (when there even is any animation and not just mouth movement and still pans).  Plus plenty of weirdly long silences.
Bamster? As in gangster but of the alien sort?
rolleyes.gif
I watched the first episode (just barely) and found it a sorry sight. I was hoping for something a little more action packed with good animation and solid storytelling based on the synopsis of the MAL description...you know:

SciFi, shounen...blah blah

No go...dropped.

Yeah the animation looks crap with a tinge of retro but the thing is that the manga is drawn in a "characteristic cartoonish shounen style", so it's sort of weird to say that it is somewhat spot-on. So far the characters are pretty "meh", I don't know enough of them to form a complete opinion just yet but so far they seem pretty boring and generic.

I do like the OP to this anime though but that won't stop me from putting a low-priority label on this, I'll just watch the episodes whenever....I still haven't finished the first episode yet, I'll finish it and then check out another new series.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back