Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahō

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

mamori

-sama
Sempai
from anime news network:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...-to-be-animated

The December issue (on sale on November 4) of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine will announce that Hiroshi Sakurazaka's Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahō (Properly Learned Modern Magic) light novels will be animated. The story revolves around Koyomi Morishita, a clumsy high school freshman girl who is often mistaken for a grade-schooler because of her shortness. Koyomi becomes a disciple of Misa Anehara, a 25-year-old graduate student who happens to be one of the most powerful modern-day magicians.

Ai Nonaka (Clannad, Negima!) will play Koyomi, and Hitomi Nabatame (Ichigo Mashimaro, Maburaho) will play Misa. The other cast members include Haruka Tomatsu (Yumiko Christina Ichinose), Minako Kotobuki (Kaho Sakazaki), and Shintaro Asanuma (Sōshirō Anehara). Shueisha's Super Dash Bunko imprint published five volumes of the light novels between 2003 and 2005, along with a new edition of the first volume with revamped art that shipped this year. Miki Miyashita, the illustrator of the original light novels and the Maburaho manga, has also been adapting the story as a manga in Jump Square since the September issue, after a short prologue in the Jump Square II spinoff magazine.

Well, I don't really know about this series in depth but if I do some research later, I might be able to dig up something.
wink.gif
Okay, okay.....here's a little info.
rolleyes.gif

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, MAHOU, ECCHI, Slice-of-Life

Website EXTRA:

http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/-mahou/

Light Novel Covers:

31303289ky0.jpg
31364340uo5.jpg
31419166hc1.jpg
31473056eg8.jpg
31526158ha7.jpg

Apparently, the light novel is being re-released with re-written text and new illustrations to accompany it. Below is the cover of the "new edition" of the first volume: -

32037524ep3.jpg

U should check out its Jump Square page for a few extras.
rolleyes.gif

15191l.jpg

A picture i took from google, if it's not allowed then staff can remove and replace with a better one.

QUOTE Based on the light novel series by author Hiroshi Sakurazaka.

The story revolves around Koyomi Morishita, a clumsy high school freshman girl who is often mistaken for a grade-schooler because of her shortness. Koyomi becomes a disciple of Misa Anehara, a 25-year-old graduate student who happens to be one of the most powerful modern-day magicians.

- ANN -
Taken from ANN.

Well i looked through the forums and i haven't seen a thread about this. Episode 00 was released on the web and is subbed.

Well apart from the fanservice it was quite entertaining. The story seems alright, definitely a show i'm going to keep watching. It had me laughing all through the episode.

Well there are two groups who have subbed Episode 00, but i watched the 173mb one which was better than nothing. It was watchable but it was quite annoying with the blurry pixels.

Anyways i'll let the proper people make a proper description.

Yeah the Quality was really bad, but if its a webrelease, than its no surprise.

It wasnt that bad, a lot of things to laugh at, but it has to get better or I will drop it.

I watched the 00 episode and have to say the series is highly entertaining. Sure the quality was bad but that hopefully was just because of the web release. The fanservice I don't really mind as it did help the joke aspect of the series slightly. I enjoy the characters and look forward to seeing the actual series. It does have potential but it can go either way. If it brings more laughs I'll stick with it.

http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=8115&hl=

It happened again.
laugh.gif
Use the search feature for a title before posting. It isnt that great and you may need to go to through a few pages before you find the thread, but if that doesnt bring one up then you can make a new one.

93886276.jpg

Well i watched the first episode and it seems this will be one for the loli lovers. The first image below was seen in the first 5 minutes of the show and the first minuteafter the opening.
laugh.gif

Caution these images are ecchi so open them at your own risk.
vlcsnap-2009-07-12-21h56m45s48.png

vlcsnap-2009-07-12-22h05m00s171.png

vlcsnap-2009-07-12-22h04m49s30.png

The episode did a pretty good job of introducing the lead characters and ill definitely give the second episode a watch since this series has potential.

misa-san is mines
wub.gif

Hmm there is something I dont understand.
It seems like its playing a few years ago earlier than ep 00 because Yumiko and that boy are younger, but Koyomi and Misa lokk just as old as in ep 00.
Good it could be because of magic, at least I hope that its because of magic and ep 00 isnt playing in a parallel universe and doesnt have any meaning.

I hope this background ep are over fast and we get to see the adult Yumiko ^^

It's certainly all over the place, plot-wise (in addition to being anachronic). Each of the first three episodes could belong to entirely different series.

I'd enjoy it more if the color palette wasn't so washed out. "Yeah, let's make pasty-skinned characters with light-colored hair that wear primarily white clothing and make some airy, pastel backgrounds. It'll look cool!"

So it's a modern no pantsu magical loli seires? Kind of gutsy if you ask me. Although only seeing the first episode and I got rather confused on how things work. Although I kind of wonder if the second episode explained the skewed time frames here.

I dont really get the timeline here. In episode 2 Koyomi is just getting to Misa but Misas brother is older than in ep 1 where Koyomi is already there oO
Seems like she did some sort if timetravel, but why didnt they solve the matters from ep 1?
I hope there will be explanaition coming.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back