Your next console?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Which will you buy?

• Wii U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS4

• NeXbox

• Screw you, I'm flying into the future with mah PC!

• Pfft, I'm rich, I'm getting them all!

• Gaming is Dead. It died with the Dreamcast! None.

• Total voters
QUOTE (franzoir @ Nov 08 2012, 07:11 PM) As a person that likes the dedicated space. I want a boxed product. I dont want to have to subscribe to CoD Elite or BF3 premium to get the full experience nor do I want dlc if they are not genuine expansions. I want contained experiences, not micro experiences fed to me over time. I want to own my media and I want it to be fun. As I see it, there are many forces in and outside trying to destroy this notion.
Correctomundo. I think the only way to really get this now is via moddable PC games, unfortunately. There's still a few, most recent example being Skyrim, or you could be like me and load up good old BF2 from time to time. I was very irritated with BF3 "premium" too, though its still a good game in its own right.

Sad irony:

Indie developers taking advantage of the app store for self publishing are the reason we're losing physical media.

It has nothing to do with anti-consumer practices. Consumers are going to the app stores for their games because indies tend to make fun games. F2P games see the best sales results - try the game, it's fun, so you get the extras.

It's consumer driven.

Which makes the irony all the more tragic when you realize that the indie developers causing this are the ones who want to see their game sitting on the shelf in the games aisle at walmart.

Was really looking forward to picking up a Wii U but this persistent story about the CPU being slow has really put me off it to the point where I wont be buying it unless Nintendo seriously shapes up.

Even though I own a pretty good gaming pc I have been one of those people that always emphasise gameplay over graphics. I mean I played Crisis 2 and after 30 minutes never returned to it. However, when the CPU is bad it affects gameplay.

One of the best gaming experiences I have ever had was Zelda Four Swords. I never realised that not everybody experienced that game like I did (3 friends who also had gbas and cables). Naturally, I thought 4 gamepad support would remedy this. But with a crap CPU thats just not possible. But also if the cpu is so slow that it affects gameplay, that is kind of a deal breaker to me.

Nintendo seriously has to come up with innovative software to convince me that the Wii U is here to stay and I will also have to wait for PS4 and Xbox 720 specs before I buy a Wii U. This would only be to gauge Wii U third party support chances. But in general i'm tired of Nintendo cutting corners. I want them to get back to the strategy they had with N64 and Gamecube.

Honestly, there is nothing within god's earth that Sony or Microsoft could do to get me to buy their consoles. If I was SCE president, now that PS3 is finally making money I would consider holding off on next gen console till 2015.

As for Microsoft, I fully expect them to come out with a powerful machine. It is just a shame then that I despise them with a passion. I think the little exclusives they have are crap. I hate the fact that they turned Rare into Kinectware, and just in general I hate their cynical gaming philosophy.

Oh well, I will stick with my PC for the forseeable future.

So is anyone excited for the upcoming PS4 event. Last year I was at the EurogamerExpo for work and a industry insider told me 2013 will be the year of Sony. In my blind pc/nintendo fanboy rage, I scoffed at the idea. If I had thought about it more Sony are well poised to dominate the console wars like they did in the ps1/2 era (providing it is a straight 3 way fight which I still think it is).

Even though PS3 got off to a rough start, the amount of new content they have been pumping out lately is quite astounding. Xbox only marginally beat PS3 because PS execs were just outrageously arrogant (a fate I fear that has befallen Nintendo) in their launch plans.

As a tech enthusiast, I'm very excited to see the new ideas both PS and Xbox will bring to the table even though I plan to buy neither and instead upgrade my pc.

More and more, with each day the Wii U is breaking my heart. Nintendo as a company means much more to me than just where I play my games.

One thing I didnt like about Sony was that their execs are outrageously arrogant and that culture permeated down to the fanbase. However, in the aftermath of their conference, they presented a humble front with an eagerness to please developers and consumer alike.

I am now at the point where I am strongly considering buying a PS4. Such talk is blasphemy to my inner child.

Before I decide to buy a PS4, im gonna upgrade my gpu to 670 and hopefully get an Occulus Rift when it comes out.

One thing that concerns me with PS4 though is that if it is based on x86, developers would have to go out of their way to not release games on PC. So is it worth buying a PS4 for exclusives alone, especially considering I dont really like the philosophy underpinning their first party releases.

Hmm... too little time...too little money.

The response to X-Bone has been amazing with more definitely to come.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

My favourite gif so far. God bless the internet.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jun 03 2013, 11:03 PM) The response to X-Bone has been amazing with more definitely to come.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

My favourite gif so far. God bless the internet.
Great gif. That's all I had to say haha
Also dunno if this counts but I bought a playstation3 over last Christmas period.
Still peed that my DS is now worth less than $80 and I bought it just before the new one came out T_T

I'm not sold on any of the new consoles to be honest. I've been out of gaming for awhile now, consoles anyway. And I just see little to reason to get back into it. I don't really care about the best graphics, if the game is fun I'll enjoy it. So most games that's come out on consoles I'll pick up on steam or disk anyways.

I have a ps3 and for the first time in years I have a plethora of things I want to play. Why would I then go and fork out £600 for a console that doesn't even let me play all these HD collections and such I'm enjoying. I've read about the possible streaming of PS1/2/3 to get around it but I'm not sold on it.

I really thing both the Xbox One and PS4 could seriously flop other than those Sony and Microsoft die hards who will buy on release. Maybe they will pop when they have both been out for a year or two but on release I don't see it.

I think I'll just stick with my Laptop and DS and keep my rather old PS3 to play the various HD games I have - MGS, DBZ Budokai, GoW etc - I see little reason to get a 'next gen' console. Plus the price is a huge put off.

I currently have a PS3 and a Wii.

Like Franzoir I am rather fond of Nintendo so there is a big chance a WiiU will find it's way into this house at some point. Espacially after the FE X SMT announcement. I love me some Fire Emblem.
happy.gif

In addition, Nintendo games are some of the few games I can play together with my better half.
smile.gif

I am currently waiting for the outlook of the WiiU to better.

I have no interest in the Xbone (I love this name)
The PS4 looks pretty ok, I really liked my PS3, but I don't expect to buy it anytime soon.

I knew following next-gen would be entertaining but I never thought it would be this dramatic.

Sony had a decisive blow with their no DRM policy.
f29.gif

It drove Microsoft's Major Nelson so crazy he had to wear a bear hat and retreat like a hermit.

Microsoft have reversed their policy and the internet has dubbed it Xbox 180.
angryjoedrm.jpg

Meanwhile at Nintendo, they are in their own fantasy world getting dat mario money.
ItSucksMoney.gif

But in the mist of all that drama, the games got lost. Personally I am looking forward to X by MonoliftSoft

Xenoblade was the best JRPG I've played since Tales of Symphonia and X just looks to blast through the ceiling with the next one. The trailer is IMO is just as iconic as the original Kingdom Hearts trailer. Cant wait.

Edit:Oh and Sawano's soundtracks are just amazing. He was/is the composer for Blue Exorcist/Guilty Crown/Attack on Titan. While I think all of those shows are crap. I cant deny the music. Adding him to project X, just adds to the grandness of Tetsuya Takahashi vision.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back