Yuri kuma Arashi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Masich

-san
Sempai
A16301-2780911304.1417220901.jpg

Title: Yuri Bear Storm
Japanese: ユリ熊嵐
Genres: Fantasy,Yuri
Airing Date: 5/1/2014 (TV series 12 episodes)
Original Creator: Kunihiko Ikuhara (Silver Link)
Original Character Designer: Akiko Morishima
Director: Kunihiko Ikuhara
Music by: Yukari Hashimoto
Sound Director: Kunihiko Ikuhara, Yō Yamada (Sound Team Don Juan)
Chief Animation Director: Etsuko Sumimoto
Studio: Silver Link
Network: Tokyo MX, MBS, TVA, BS11, AT-X
Opening theme: "Ano Mori de Matteru" (あの森で待ってる; I've Been Waiting in That Forest) by Bonjour Suzuki
Ending theme: "Territory" by Miho Arakawa, Yoshiko Ikuta, and Nozomi Yamane.

Main characters:
Ginko Yurishiro voiced by: Miho Arakawa
Lulu Yurigasaki voiced by: Yoshiko Ikuta
Kureha Tsubaki voiced by: Nozomi Yamane
Judgemens:
Life Sexy voiced by: Junichi Suwabe
Life Cool voiced by: Mitsuki Saiga
Life Beauty voiced by: Kazutomi Yamamoto
Arashigaoka Academy:
Sumika Izumino voiced by: Yui Ogura
Mitsuko Yurizono voiced by: Aoi Yūki
Konomi Yurikawa voiced by: Ami Koshimizu
Kaoru Harishima voiced by: Yōko Hikasa
Yuri-ka Hakonaka voiced by: Kikuko Inoue
Reia Tsubaki voiced by: Aya Endō
TV PVs & CMs: http://yurikuma.jp/movie.html
Official website: http://yurikuma.jp/
Synopsis Long ago, the asteroid known as Kumaria exploded, turning into a meteor shower that fell upon earth. This lead to the bears becoming violent and attacking the humans, who created a wall between them and the bears. Several years later, two bears, Ginko Yurishiro and Lulu Yurigasaki, disguise themselves as humans and enroll in Arashigaoka Academy, where Ginko takes interest in a human girl named Kureha Tsubaki.

Masich Impression: As Many are of course surprised that I even made this thread.. But, I always used to say: Never Judge something for its genre! ... Perhaps I was on some kind of medication back then..
Moving Along^^, I'll keep to my words on making a First Impression(based on 2 episodes): I don't dislike this ... With that being pointed towards the story line, it's not bad, on the other hand it is something very nice and new. Sure, the genre and theme may be a bit *mixed feelings* to some. But, it's not something to judge it by. Although I will not keep myself from pointing out that this Series is mostly for the Yuri community out there, yet, that is not to say that others can't enjoy this as well (I personally am neutral on the topic).

(Read first impression above) I'm bloody surprised that this and 3 other series of this season... are the only few I actually follow! I mean, Yes this is Yuri genre, yes it throws sometimes stuff into your face all of a sudden, but why does this show actually works? I have been asked that by several people these last 2 weeks! I was even stunned by people asking me that and noticing it!
I can only say that for a show that is Yuri+Fantasy genre, that it actually is what it is supposed to be!
You got the Drama *Check*, You got the Romance(Yuri) *Check*, There is Suspense at some points *Check*, You even have the Fantasy with a storytelling *Check* .. It works because it is what it is supposed to be. Which I must say, is something I rarely see lately. It does not mean the show is perfect as we are only half way, but it is to show that it actually sometimes happens, which seems to stun a bunch of people (including myself).

Yuri Approved! ... I got to stop watching shows while drinking...

For a series that is called Yuri Kuma Arashi with a noted Yuri Genre... I myself rate it as Shoujo AI, Less Yuri than expected.
So many people that judge it by its title... Granted, I did as well at first, but I at least gave it a try and saw it otherwise then.
When it comes to the ending...It made my friend cry.. Which is to be expected as I myself also see this as a very good fantasy story with romance, Yes its girl+girl, but this one has actually gotten Fantasy+Romance Right!!! I have read so many stories being from novels, comics or mangas with a romance plot, but this is truly one that made and done it perfectly.

Overall, my rating for Yuri kuma Arashi: 9,3/10
Animation: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Characters: 8/10 (The use of some of the side characters, can be questioned)

Never Judge a book by its cover, that does not count for... Bloody Nobunaga... Some may know what I mean by that...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back